Gluten-free food additives - android app

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to all of you!

I, as all of us here, suffer from celiac desease.

Nowadays almost every product you take from a shelf contains food additives (E numbers) and there are additives, that contain gluten.

Being a software developer myself I've create an app on Android, that helps to find out if particular food  additive is safe for us (gluten free).

It was a hard task to fill the database, to assemble it from part through out all Internet [smile] .  I did it with high sense of responsibility, because this app was primary designed for me.  

Application differentiates gluten-free food additives and those that contain gluten, but there are additives, that I couldn't find definitive info about gluten, there are marked as "gluten presence is unknown", I suggest to avoid them also. Also with an exclamatory sign (!) I show food additives, that have high risk of allergy, so, it's good to avoid them in your daily products.

Application is on Google Play Market, link is here. It's free and contains no ads. Feel free to use it and I hope, that it will help you [smile]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like a good idea but I tried to find it on Google Play and the reviews of the one I found were not very good and said that you had to be a member of 'Coeliac U.K to pay for it through membership? Is this your app or has it got another name that I have not found?

• Posted

Hi Anthony, hope all is well...Can you tell me the name of your app please, I can't see the link for it on your post...Thank you in advance, Gen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.