Gluten-free question

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been trying to go gluten-free, after constant pain/bloating and have been fine ever since... but today I had Supernoodles and one Omeprazole, and bang - the pain came back. Would that be the noodles or the Omeprazole?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear ure in pain.. im not sure. Maybe the other i ingredients in the meal had gluten.. ketchup has. And bbq sauce as well. 
  • Posted

On the Supernoodle ingredients list is wheat flour - is gluten in wheat flour? Sorry if this is a daft question but this is totally new to me.
    • Posted

Noodles are almost pure wheat flour which is high in gluten, avoid any wheat products if gluten is your problem
  • Posted

I would put this down to the noodles I've been on Omeprazole (losec) for many years now with out any side effects but I do avoid things like Noodles check what else they contain 
  • Posted

Gluten and wheat are in many foods.My husband is coeliac and has to have gluten free foods.If. you are worried you may be the same ask your doctor for a blood test. Even sauces and vinegar have barely and things not suitable for anyone leading a gluten free diet.
    • Posted

Been tested Clare but came back negative - although that was a few years ago. I just started trying to go gluten free on my own because of constant pain and bloating and found my tummy settled better. To be honest I've given up on getting tested, it always comes back "fine" !
  • Posted

Gluten is in sauces and vinegar. Don't eat foods in oil previously used to cook ordinary food in. Don't use same spreads, e.g. butter. You will need separate tubs u

In case of crumbs transferring. If you're serious check everything you buy.Even some chocolates have gluten in them.

Wasatch out for barley too. There is a celiac society you can join which lists what you can eat.

• Posted

OK. It's easy to sort that as there's a lot of foods that I don't eat, and husband already has his separate because he's diabetic. Thanks smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.