Gluten intolerant.... and able to eat gluten ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a question for everyone, I am gluten intolerant (all of a sudden). I miss being able to eat anything I wanted to. Now i have to be careful so my body can process food that i intake properly. Does anyone know of any scientific findings that reverse such ? Its miserable to say the least. I cant eat things that I used to eat everyday like Wheat bread, or Cakes, Pizza, etc... it sucks !! Does some one have any knowledge on this, as far as the "scientific world goes" ? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I do know that they do make "Gluten free pizza", "bread" and the like. But I feel like now I need to be "picky" because I am gluten intolerant and everyone else is not. 

• Posted

If you have celiac, you will have to stay off all gluten and stick to gluten free food.  However, if you have non celiac gluten intolerance, you may be able to tolerate some gluten.  Have you been diagnosed with celiac via endoscopy or blood test?  I would ask for a celiac test.
    • Posted

also I am able to eat gluten foods but I feel a tingling sensation when I do.... I do not think I am ceiliac but i think i am gluten intolerant sad 
    • Posted

In that case, avoid/reduce your intake of gluten. However, If your doctors orders celiac testing, you will need to be eating gluten every day right up until your test, to make sure the test is accurate.

• Posted

I have a dr. apt on March 23rd with my primary, and then he will have to refer me to a gastro. I have been trying to lay off of "gluten" foods however, it is easier said than done. I find myself eating gluten food when i am around others that indulge in it. I just wish there was a fix to this issue, its life altering !!

• Posted

Hi, what are your symptoms when eating those foods or have you been tested for it? 
    • Posted

My body starts getting itchy, tingly etc... my hands or my palms get really dry... it scares me almost like an anxiety feeling relating to the “pins & needles” side of the anxiety symptoms 

• Posted

My knuckles will start cracking like crazy also 
    • Posted

This sounds like a calcium and vitamin B12 deficiency. I had the same thing. I was not able to eat many foods and I thought I was lactose and gluten intolerant. It turned out that I just was deficient in Vitamin D, E, A and B6, B12 and Calcium and Magnesium. (and it's not that my blood test showed it, but I did a diet analysis with a nutrition program) Plus my diet was so out of whack that I was not eating enough carbohydrates and healthy fat. Most of your energy comes from the carbs and the fat. Adults should get 45 percent to 65 percent of their calories from carbohydrates, 20 percent to 35 percent from healthy fats (unsaturated), and 10 to 35 percent from protein. 

I added more healthy carbs to my diet (vegetables) and to make sure I get the vitamins & minerals I am taking a vitamin supplement and eating half a supplement (calcium + magnesium + zinc) in the morning and one in the evening. (your body can just take 500mg calcium at a time)

Since then I am able to almost eat or at least add more and more foods to my diet again. Still not able to drink milk though since too much milk stimulates the stomach acid production and I get a stomach ache, but I am ok with that. 

And one big thing.. Drink enough water (2.7l over the day - and I add mineral drops to my water since we have reverse osmosis and that filteres our almost everything...)

Plus why should we be different to the rest of the population... most common deficiencies are Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Iron, Iodine, Vitamin A

And the body needs all nutrients (carbs, protein, Water, fats, Vitamins and Minerals) every single day to function properly so it makes sense if you won;t give it to the body it will play tricks on you (like the tingling as first warning signals) or even get diseases that might not be reversible! 

I hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.