Glycopyrrolate vs Oxybutynin for sweating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, 

Anybody got experience with either or both of these?

Which worked for you?

which had less side effects?

Do you prefer oral, topical or both?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi jamesdaniels - I've tried both and had no success with either one. Really disappointed as I was so hopeful I'd get some relief from this annoying condition. Any suggestions on your end?

• Posted

Hi jamesdaniels,

I have been on Oxybutynin for 3 days now.  I am a 48 year old business professional (Funeral Director) and HAD terrible head sweating/upper body sweating, that was absolutely messing with my confidence and very embarrassing, to say the least!  I have always been a super sweater, but over the past 2 years, it has gotten progressively worse. I don't have to be doing anything - even sitting in an air conditioned room, and I would have sweat pouring out of me!

After coming to this site last weekend, I decided to ask my MD about Oxybutynin and Botox injections.  He suggested to try the OxyB first, then go to the Botox if it was ineffective.  I picked up my prescription and took one pill that night, and one the next morning... I DIDN'T HAVE TO SWAB MY HEAD AND HAIR A SINGLE TIME THE VERY NEXT DAY!  Today was day 3, and so far, still no sweating isues!

I wish it worked for everyone, because honestly, this is a game changer for me.  My co-workers are like, "why aren't you carrying your sweat towel?  wait, why aren't you sweating to death?!"  smile

I get a "little" dry mouth, but pound water all day and chew gum, so that helps a lot.  I haven't experienced any blurred vision or anything else so far. Hope this isn't too good to be true, but so far - I couldn't be happier with the results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.