Go back on antidepressants or not ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

HELLO THERE . I HAVE BEEN POORLY THE PAST TWO WEEKS WITH A STOMACH / FLU BUG AND DID NOT TAKE CITALOPRAM DURING THAT TIME . I WAS ONLY ON A VERY SMALL AMOUNT , PRACTICALLY A CRUMB . I HAVE ONLY TAKEN 10MG AT MOST , THEN REDUCING TO 5 THEN BARELY ANY . I HAD BEEN ON IT FIR COMING UP TO 3 YEARS . NOW I AM RECOVERING SHOULD I GO BACK ON IT AS I AM FEELING VERY DOWN? I AM 51 AND HAVE BEEN IN PERI FOR THREE AND A HALF YEARS . MY HUSBAND THINKS THAT I SHOULD . I HAVE JUST STARTED TAKING MENOPACE VITAMINS HOPING THIS WILL HELP .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i think u should its the best thing i did taking it and feel like a new woman. good luck xxx

• Posted

how were you 'getting on ' them ive heard some bad stories .... i have panic disorder and agoraphobia . if i knew the outcome id take it but scared of the side effects

• Posted

id say if your quality of life is better then why not ? life too precious to be miserable. i have a prescription for it .... picked it up but am scared to take it . its a very low dose but not had good resukts with other ad's lexapro only lasted 3 days prozac 2 weeks and another one i cant remember the name ? but 2 weeks again. how was it getting on them? what are the side effects ?

• Posted

Hi jane...i was on antidepressants fir 15yrs and they were fab made a huge difference.

if you are feeling depressed then as you know they will fix you...they are not addictive and when you feel well and stronger then come off them if you want to. theres no rush. x aly

• Posted

i would. i have returned to it 3 times. My Dr saidto think of it as a diabetic lacks insulin and need seratonin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.