Go hospital for Painful toothache?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guys please can someone help me?. I had a appointment 2 weeks ago at the Hospital for Dental Surgery. I'm going have root canals but I'm on the waiting list that's 10-12 months long. I wornt able last 10-12 months for a root canal because I have a really bad toothache, that I've had for 5 days. Its affecting my jaw bone and my gums. I carnt sleep at night, im always sweeting when the pain gets worse.Nothing is helping with pain. What can I do?. Do I go back up to hospital and talk to them about my situation?. Will they do urgent dental work,or give me some strong pain relief?. Any info would be great.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know where you live, but it sounds to me as if a tooth is abscessing. You need go to that hospital as soon as possible? I haven't heard of hospitalisation for root canals, I can only assume that you have a phobia of hospitals or live outside the UK! It matters not! If your outside the UK ring the hospital, if you do live in the UK either ring a dentist for an immediate appointment or ring the hospital concerned. 
    • Posted

Hi Pam my dentist will not perform a root canal nor tooth extractions , so they refer there patients to Hospital. My dentist is closed to day. Also I live in Staffordshire.
  • Posted

Benjamin then you MUST go to the hospital ASAP as your tooth is certainly abscessing from your description. I cannot understand why a UK dentist won't do root canals or extractions. I know that they now prefer to extract impacted wisdom teeth in hospital as they have to cut the jaw! I know this because while I had mine done by a dentist, my son who had the same procedure was extracted in hospital. But root canals are certainly performed by most dentists as are extractions! Good luck tomorrow!🍀
    • Posted

Thank you Pam also I think it's because its an NHS dental Practice and not a Private dentist. There's no way I'll be able wait 10-12 to have my surgery on my tooth. I'll ring my dentist tomorrow morning and see what they say. But Thank You Pam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.