God gave me a gift today :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

SNOW!  I love snow...everything about it.....shoveling (even thou it kills me, I love it)....We have like 4-6 inches here in the US.  I'm very grateful to be sober today and able to be out in the snow smile

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

That's brilliant Misssy.  I love the snow too, but I live near the coast here in England, so we don't get too much of it.

It's just lovely to hear you so happy.

Pat xxxx

• Posted

Snow here in the uk means the country grinds to a halt!

Love it but hate driving in it

• Posted

Lol Nicole ...here to..everyone is chicken even thou we are used to it
  • Posted

Ah Misssy, you are enjoying your inner child-like self.  What a happy thought.  Way before alcohol in our lives... there was such simple happiness in moments... such as SNOW.  Have a lovely, fun time.  It will do you good.  I am smiling as I post this... happiness is infectious, I hope !

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi Misssy,

I did laugh out loud at your gladness for my smiling... I must come across as a right old misery guts !  I am fairly negative, to put it mildly.  I was just glad to share in your lovely time.

All good wishes,

Alonangel 😄

• Posted

I also love the snow but not much chance where I live today. Super that you are feeling so great and also so POSITIVE..keep it up!! Robin
    • Posted

Hey Thank you Robin...the downside for today is that all the snow is still here...and icy and freaking cold.  This is April...we usually have rain or 60 degree weather...it is 30 right now.
  • Posted

Aw, lucky you misssy,don't think we've had any this year. As aonangel said, happy memories of happy times as a child and building snowmen when my children were young. Looking out the windows the morning after snow has fallen is awesome.

Though on the dark side, nightmare memories of having to brave the snow because you've run out of wine. But you'd climb Everest if you needed drink..haha!!

Its so good to wake up sober..well done you ☃😀

• Posted

Hi Paper fairy,

We might not have the snow... but we got to share the happiness.  Good on Misssy.  Positives are wonderful.  How are you getting on (the old horse)?  I am managing to stay "on the saddle", so to speak!

Alonangel xx 🎇

• Posted

I will never forget..putting my 8 month old down for a nap in a torential down pour 29 years ago....and running barefoot to the liquor store...for a 6 pack of beer!  My heart was pounding...I knew it was wrong to leave him....no one was home...it was 5 blocks away...I was drenched from head to toe...and relieved when I got home with the "goods".  What we do for alcohol
    • Posted

yes, running way from responsibilites is the story of our lives...trying to forget and struggle on is what we do since we have to...we are still here and ALIVE and keep it in mind....let us all be cheerful that we are alive!! Robin
    • Posted

Lovely of you to ask about me. I'm surviving, like you. Naltrexone is working so I'm having days sober and 2/3 days a week drinking with N. I really suffer with insomnia and chronic fatigue though. So better than I was when drinking heavily but zombified a lot of the time. Progress though. Rome wasn't built in a day,as they say !! 

Take care dear friend x

• Posted

Oh Paper fairy, it is indeed a rocky old road.  I think that it is great for you, having sober days.  I am still tapering down SLOWLY.  I want to get on to the alcohol free days, but... not yet happening.  I had one day ... when I was basically, alcohol poisoned. Not a great strategy !  I am taking the Nalmefene every day, as planned.  Up and down... like a yo-yo !

Flapping away...

Alonangel xx 🎇

• Posted

Imagine we all got sober... totally sober... after all the **** !

We would have a new faith.

Competition for the name.

I know... I don't get out enough...!!!

I am glad that you are doing well, again.

Blessings on you,

Alonangel  xx 🎇 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.