God led me to holding my head down throught the day for Chiari relief

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had Chiari decompression surgery in January of 2016...this save my life, but was still not able to get of the bed.  Had filum terminale surgery (form of tethered cord surgery) in Barcelona, Spain in July of 2016 and it provided more improvement but I still could not get out of the bed.  Well, Jesus says to "lay hands on the sick".  He doesn't say who is authorized to lay hands, he just commands us to do it.  So in August of 2017, I had my 7 year old son, my 12 year old daughter and my wife lay hands on me.  This led to two things: 1) standing with my head against a door and pulling my chin down (kyphosis therapy)...this led to relief of most of my cervical instability symptoms and many of my Chiari symptoms; 2) putting my head down (as if in prayer) while kneeling on the floor and/or standing but leaning down and reading a book.  Within the first two weeks my central and obstructive apnea was almost non-existent, my "brain fog" that we Chiarians have disappeared, breathing improved, constipation and urinating problems went totally away, numbness in my foot and leg disappeared, tachycardia is gone, hand-writing has improved, cognition is back to normal (my wife would argue), and I generally feel "well".  I now actually have 4 or more days a week with restorative 7+ hours of sleep.  I have now been 90% out of the bed since the laying of the hands miracle: back to raising my two kids, attending church, grocery shopping, cooking meals, selling stuff on Ebay, attending school events, fishing, doing our taxes, and etc.  Jesus didn't give me a fish, he taught me how to fish...so now I am going to start spreading the word/Word.  Simple inversion therapy and kyphosis therapy.  Hope I can help someone who reads this.  If it works for you, spread the word.

Steve

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your story. I also was prayed over and the missionaries gave me a blessing. The recovery seemed long but at 6 weeks I am ahead of schedule miraculously recovering fast. The Dr could hardly see the scar. I do notice if I over do it I get more pain. Dr said it takes a year to work into life. No heavy sports for 6 months. I’m glad O had the surgery. Thankful for loving church family who checked on me while hubby worked. 
  • Posted

Dear Steve,

That is a nice thing to say , its true..but they have to believe completely in their prayer...on the other hand do not be grudges..moan..complaining (read ;Job)..and what ever believer experiencing..should be grateful..I used to be housebound due to my chiari..and resigned from my £84.000 pa job..but after surgery..I am unable to go back to the role I used to be...I set up my own..and go to church each day..because now while I have got my Quality Of Life back..I am so grateful..and never take everything for granted..just express my grace each day..how thankful I am..I also have more times to help others...spend time with our LORD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.