Going away for awhile; am I going to be okay?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, so about a week and a half ago, I was jumping into a pool. I didn't realize how shallow it was, and my right foot stomped hard into the pool ground. It did not roll; I landed flat foot. It hurt very bad for about the first 30 seconds, and I had a limp due to a pain in my heel for the next two days. After, I was able to walk without a limp again, but with a moderate pain in every step.

My heel has had absolutely no discoloration or swelling, just pain when stepping with pressure on it. The pain is concentrated seemingly in the back inside of the heel (as opposed to the pain being on the surface of the skin like a bruise). Massaging it or pushing on it with my palm causes no discomfort either. I can feel a bit of pain when squishing it from the sides with both of my palms, but it is different than the pain from walking.

It's not a major pain, but my concern stems from the fact that it seems as though it has not gotten better since the two day mark I mentioned above, and the fact that I am leaving from my parents house to an internship half way across the country tomorrow.

I took a single Advil every 24 hours for the first week or so, but in the past few days I haven't. The pain has been a bit worse, but it is probably because I walked a lot yesterday. I was back to limping a bit too.

Should I be concerned?

(19 year old, Male)

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roy!

My advice to you because I am a parent would be to go to the doctor and get it checked out before you leave to do your internship in another country.

I just had nerve compression surgery 12 days ago in my left foot because I was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet. I am having a difficult recovery. I feel your pain and I'm sure your parents would feel better about you getting it looked at. Have you tried applying ice?

My son rolled his ankle several years ago and tore some ligaments and I did the same to my foot about 6 years ago but your symptoms are not similar to ours. Hope you heal quickly and good luck with your internship!

Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.