Going back in mert

Posted , 6 users are following.

I came off mert around 2 months ago but my depression became really bad again.

I was worried as I attempted suicide in oct 2018 and suicidal thoughts are creeping in.

I am taking CBD oil but doesnt seem to work for depression though helps pain and anxiety.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janey2019,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Edited

janey please join survivingantidepressants.org

what you are actually going through is withdrawal and its a normal process. join the site and get as much info as possible. Withdrawal can last many months, even years its not a return of symptoms in most cases. you just need to ride it out and let your CNS heal

• Posted

i am just 9 days off and feel quite odd.

what dose did you jump off from and did you taper ?

• Posted

Sorry Janey19, is that 7.5mg of mirtazerpin? I'm on liquid mirt so have better control of withdrawal. Ive been on this drug for over a year now and believe me, it does all sorts to you. Coming of it can make you a bit weird and you might think its you but its almost certainly the drug. Nobody knows you Janey19 and any troubles you might have, but trust me, life can get better. I detract myself, when I get low, with a little drink, watching movies, submerging myself in my work, working in the countryside amongst nature, music. Whatever it takes, because I know that there is some light somewhere along that tunnel. Just keep looking forward. This world can be very ugly, but there is beauty out there too. Just need to look for it.....

• Posted

Hi Janey,

I tried to end my life one year ago, overdosing on some pharma drugs. I could have gone all the way but the effect it would have had on friends and family made me hold back. I am glad I stopped myself, but still have my low days. Mirt is okay for me but just okay. I'm trying to get off it completely (down from 45mg to 20) and I will look at natural ways of self help, including mindfullness. I want to continue living I've decided but don't want meds to control my mind anymore. Some meds are ok as a crutch, but I look forward to a day I am free in my own mind again. I do suffer from anxiety prwtty bad sometimes and, like today, I use alcohol to dampen my mood. Not crazy drunk but a little to take the edge away and hope I wake up in the morning feeling better about life again. Life can be great. I work in conservation and loving nature has really helped. Sometimes I wake up and say 'today is going to be a good day' and then I try make it so. Take care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.