Going back to Work post MUA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I am 10 days post MUA and due to go back to work next week. However I am a little worried as I have a desk bound job that involves typing and answering the phone as these are repetitive actions that causes strain on my wrist and arm.

Just wanted some advise to when anyone went back to work and timescales.

Many thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My advice for you would be to have your Dr give detailed restrictions like taking a 15 min break every hour or to limit what you can and can't do with the affected arm. Your employer must accommodate medical restrictions. If they can't they must allow you to claim short term disability and fmla. That's assuming it's not a work related injury. Best of luck to you in your recovery!

• Posted

Youre welcome! My fs was due to scar tissue after 2 shoulder surgeries within a year. Had mua and a release of adhesions. That was 2 yrs ago. I still deal with pain and rom issues and probably will forever. Unfortunately not much you can do about scar tissue.
    • Posted

Hi Deb

You really have been through the mill with your shoulder.  It’s great to hear what others have been through and what to expect.

• Posted

I haven’t had the procedure. Is your shoulder feeling better after MUA?  
    • Posted

Hi 

It’s very early days but no real ROM improvement at the moment.  Have just started physio which is very painful. Haven’t driven for 10 days either. 

Do you have FS also? 

• Posted

Rachel I thought you were supposed to start therapy the day of or day after surgery... ten days out I’d your first physical therapy? 

The Ortho in San Diego is setting me up the day after for three days non stop. The returning the following week.

Hmmm. He also told me no matter what we do 2 out of 10 who have MUA freeze up again. 

🤞🏼🙏🏼

• Posted

Hi

I’m in the UK so I guess it might be different over here? I have another appointment in two weeks time but I have to do the exercises at home three times a day. 

Are you having MUA?

• Posted

You need to move it asap otherwise it will re-adhere.  Just lay on your bed on your tummy and let your arm hang.  DO little circles or pendulum with your arm, anything to just move it.  Let gravity do as much as possible.  
  • Posted

Yes  good question Rachel, I have just been scheduled for MUA on May 29th. 

I’m a nurse in dermatology clinic lots of typing, patient care surgical assistance.

I would like to hear what to expect as well. 

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.