Posted , 7 users are following.
I have been losing my vision for about a year now. I can still "see" right now, but I think it's fading day by day.
My symptoms are:
- A dark veil that covers part of my vision when I look at something with one eye. It takes a second for the dark veil to appear. I have to stare at something for a second for it to happen.
- When I'm looking out of one eye, staring at something, I notice that I have a couple blind spots where I can't see anything.
- I have a veil of sparkly tiny light covering most of my vision, whether my eyes are open or closed.
- When I first wake up, my vision seems to "flicker" on and off.
- The white part of my eye is always beat red. It goes away during the day somewhat, but at night it gets really bad. I usually have to wake up at 3 in the morning and put in eye drops.
- Lots of black floaters.
- If I look at a bright light, I'll see it for the next 5 to 10 minutes.
-Awful night vision.
- I have this like weird transparent, moving sun thing in the center of my vision. Not sure how to describe it really.
So, I think I'm in the process of going blind. I believe it has something to do with taking the hair loss drug, propecia. I think it may have messed up my hormones or something. I know hormones impact sight.
There seems to be very little information on the internet about what to do if you're losing your vision. I have been to several opthamoligists and they all say my eyes look fine, which I find disconcerting. Not really sure how I can be going blind, but they say my eyes look totally normal. Either they're bad opthamologists or something strange is going on in my body.
Has anyone on here had similar symptoms to me? If so, was there anything that you did to prevent yourself from going blind? I live in the US. Is there a cutting edge doctor I could see about this?
1 like, 11 replies