Going for a blood test on Monday!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive joined to help find support with why has happened to me over the last 3 weeks! I started with an on off migraine for 4 days and feeling tired. On day 5, which was a Saturday I woke up with a sore throats and feeling like I was coming down with a flu like virus. Went into work on Monday and struggled on but by 1.00pm on Tuesday I had almost lost my voice entirely and felt very exhausted, not with it. I thought if I took the rest of the week off I would be feeling better. However felt worse every day, extremely sore throats and by Sat was really freaked out by how much my muscles in my legs ached along with dizziness. I didn't go into work for the next week and went to the Drs on Tuesday who told me to come in for blood test for mono on Monday, tomorrow, if I wasn't any better. So here I am not much better. My voice has returned but throats is still dry and tight and can get sore during the night. The worst thing is that the muscles in my legs and arms ache like Ihave just run a marathon. May feel better for a day but by the next day feel like I can't move again. I'm worried about work, but feel like I can't function in the house. Can make food and on a good day take dogs out for 10 minutes but don't feel capable of housework or going to the shops. I,be never felt like this before - I'm 43. Does it sound like Mono- what if the test is negative, panicking that it's something more sinister!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so unwell these last few weeks. Really hoping that the blood test brings some relief to you, I know it's difficult because in a way if you knew if was mono at least you would know and could deal with that, even though it's a nasty virus to have to go through. It does sound like it could be mono but rest assure you've done the right thing going to get blood tests, and hopefully they can provide some hope and reassurance. Even if it is mono, you will get better from this - it's just a horrible virus especially in these first few weeks, it can take a bit of time but you will make a full recovery without any doubt I believe that thanks to God.

Hang in there and good luck for your blood tests

Craig

P.S. Taking vitamins and herbs (good strong multi vitamin, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), B complex and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinicea) really helped me through mono - definitely worth a try and can only help your immune system through this hard time

• Posted

Thanks Craig, I'm glad my doctor wanted me to go for the blood test, as otherwise I wouldn't have a clue that Mono may be a possibility and would be panicking more. I already take vitamins and have started eating a kiwi and orange every day, and making myself green smoothies along with drinking a lot of water. I'm also resting a lot. It's been good reading through the posts in this group too!!

• Posted

Good luck Zoe let us know how your blood tests go - you've done all you can do in the meantime and just hoping everything goes well, believing that it will.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Zoe,

good luck with the blood test today.

my results only showed I had a past infection to glandular fever, but it has taken me just over a year to start properly improving. It's a rough virus. I'm 41.

it actually took 8 weeks for it to kick in properly with  me, so it could get worse before it gets better......stay on the forum though, you'll get lots of help!

let us know how you get on.

thinking of you

caroline

• Posted

Hi, I've been to the doctors today and have a blood test on Thursday. I saw a different Dr today who was telling me that he thinks it is just some other nasty virus that is going about which takes longer to recover from than normal, but has suggested a blood test just in case. I'll keep you informed!! Thanks for replying!!

• Posted

Good luck with this Zoe, it could be just a nasty virus but you've done the right thing to get checked for glandular fever anyway! Do keep us posted and in the meantime try not to worry (I know that's so much easier said than done), you've done all you can in the meantime.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.