Going for myomectomy. Unsure of what to expect. Pain wise and weight wise

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am scheduled to have myomectomy on 1 Nov 2021. iit all started as I was increasingly unable to shift weight until i began to actually put more and more on despite EXTREMELY healthy diet. Nutritionist and dieticians said they could not understand. until... fibroids were discovered.

i am pleased fibroids will be out but what pain to expect? what is high bibre diet? Shall i stick with 125 g of fish and lots of vegetables and lost of berries and chia seeds or need to do something else. what should i do for pain management. what kind of cramping to expect. should i expect it. ?

grateful if anyone can give some info. will weight start becoming easier to shift. i went from size 12 to 20 in eight months.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Pain will be there after the surgery, but this will cease. Weight loss is possible but this is also something that will cease over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.