Going from 10 to 20mg today.

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,

bit of background: i started on sertreline back in august and had horrible side effects even just on 50mg. i slogged it out for 12 or 13 weeks as it was helping my anxiety but one day i woke up and felt it was all back (the anxiety). i couldnt even think about a dose increase with side effects so bad so i switched to escit about 5 weeks ago maybe 6. no side effects on this and its helping a lot. unfortunately following the switch period and my anxiety coming back my relationship finally fell apart so im now dealing with all that too. im waiting for CBT and doing all i can in terms of self care but felt this week that i need to increase dose to 20mg - my anxiety is creeping in and i feel quite low, very low at times. now scared that ill get side effects!! anyone upped dose and felt ok?! i mean the start of this was fine so im really hoping. getting all the side effects again will suck so so bad! i guess im just looking for reassurance. i know nobody has the answer.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

luckily the extreme tiredness was only after the first tablet on the higher dose on this. on sertraline it lasted weeks and weeks and never fully went. finding it hard to get to sleep this last few nights but i know that will wear off soon. ive got some yawning too - had it on lower dose and with sertraline too - a weird and very annoying side effect! all in all im very lucky though with this. good luck guys. i hope things come good for you both

• Posted

Fantastic ! Yes the sleep thing for me came and went very fast. Sleeping is important!

• Posted

I am 2 weeks in back to old meds and 9 weeks total between both meds.

I unfortunately got almost every side effect you can get. First time around on this med there was no major side effects I could think of.

I have increased anxiety, no appetite,very lethargic all day and night.

I take suppliments and they don't help.

I do use "SLEEP CALM" for sleeping because its magnesium and gaba and puts me right to sleep.

I have emotional flatness that has lasted nine weeks unfortunately.

hoping and praying I feel better soon!

• Posted

You will be fine forsure. Remember that millions of people take these meds every day and they are out living their lives and not posting. These meds work. True that some might not suit some but there's always one that will work. Esco is a really good one!

• Posted

HI Cory, I have been taken lexapro 20 mg for about 5months it has helped with the anxiety, but I seem to have buzzing in my ear,is this a side effect of this med? Thank you for your help. God Bless.

• Posted

Hi Pam. It very could be for sure. Some side effects take along time to work themselves out. I get slot of side effects when I increase. I haven't had ear problems but people have reported it

Ask you doc and see what they think but I'm sure it's fine.

• Posted

Pam it is a side effect. I have had it for 9 weeks. I switched back to Citalopram as the escitalopram was too much for me. The ringing buzzing (Tinnitus) did go away but came back when i started on the citalopram.

• Posted

Andrea, does the tinnitus eventually go away even if I stay on the lexapro? It has helped me and I do not want to stop taken it.

• Posted

They say it does but for me it never has.

I have been having a real hard time getting the meds to work this time around though and had to swap 4 weeks in. I am almost at 10 weeks and I still have it.

When i am busy I forget about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.