Going insane. Help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive always had really bad health OCD but as of this last week, its been horrible. i fully convince myself im gonna die. that im gonna fall over and have a seizure or heart attack or stroke or anything like that. i work myself up so badly that i feel the symptoms of an actual medical emergency. its been so bad the last week to where ive ended up in the hospital 3 times. anyone else deal with this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i’m sorry you are going through that. Just to let you know there are millions of people who go through the same thing. I’ve had that experience starting in my 20s I am currently in my 60s and I can tell you that if you’ve been checked out at the hospital and they can’t find anything wrong, then it is most likely related to high stress, anxiety, even depression. And the more you worry about it, the more you will have physical sensations. What kind of sensations are you having?

I think if it continues, you might want to think about getting some counseling. That person can show you ways to calm everything down. so that you feel better.

I listen to meditations from YouTube for anxiety, and they really help. I am no way as bad as I used to be because I’ve learned a lot. at some point I had to realize that I didn’t have a deadly disease like I thought I did. I finally understood how anxiety and stress can create such horrible sensations. That are not harmful. But yes, they are scary.

remember that, whatever you focus on in your mind, whether it’s positive or negative, it will expand! And when it expands in a negative way you’re going to get yourself, stuck constantly, worrying, increased, anxiety, and those horrible sensations. Think of the fact which is you have been checked out at least three times and I’m assuming everything was OK. You’ve got to keep going with that thought. Also, another reason for the counseling is maybe there are things in your life that are creating anxiety that you’re not even aware of. Private message me anytime and feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.