Going into hospital 2nd December and no painkillers!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I go into hospital on Tuesday to have my cyst removed. I will have sutures but the nurse has told me they don't discharge you with any painkillers so I'm panicking!!

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience and I'd appreciate any advice.

Also how long should I expect to be off work?

Wish me luck!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi, i had my op 3 wks ago .had an excision? mine was really deep and i got mine from riding my cycle and horse on the same day. i rode in jeans which i never do. i was too lazy to change into my jods.big mistake.i got off my horse and just thought i was badly chaffed,till i showered and found the lump,which i ignored until the pain was in my rite cheek of my bottom and down my leg.very uncomfy to walk or sit and riding out of the question.anyway after the op i was sent home with 2 days antibiotics and some painkillers,which ive never taken as i wasn,t in pain,just very sore.so im sure you will be given painkillers. i have a very high pain threshold though but believe me you will just feel relief to get rid of it . id never heard of this \"alien\" before and after reading all the other testimonials,am worried it might come back!! i just hope it doesn,t.I still haven,t ridden yet,but walking is fine.and the soreness gets better by the day.im more scared of G.A.,s than anything else. ! mine was removed because of my age.54.I was much better once the stitches had dissolved,bout 10days so probably take a week off work,but everyone heels differently and i had to keep it dry for 2 days then bathe normally.When i did i put loads of salt in the bath as its a natural antiseptic and im sure this also helped.i was fine looking after my horses again after a couple of days,but as i said havn,t ridden yet. anyway good luck for tuesday :-)
  • Posted

Hi Matron,

They didn't discharge me with painkillers as I had some of my own. But, if you are in pain, I'm sure they will give you something.

I had 2 weeks off work but should have taken 3 to really recover as I felt a bit spaced out. Take as long as you need. Although you may feel ok, remember you've had an op and a GA and your body will be healing.

Good luck with it all..... I'm thinking of you and fingers crossed it will all be resolved soon. Let us know how you are!

Horsey: mine was very deep too and the abscess a lot bigger than what to Doc thought, so probably why I have been so tender. Let us know when you're back out riding. I run so waiting for another few weeks before I attempt that. Good luck!

• Posted

hi, i went back to see the surgeon mon night and he said mine wasn,t a b/c but a fibroid.!!! yea growing down there.so very worried as he hadn,t known this before.only in the uterus.i have to go back when period has stopped to have womb scan and scan down there as lab said there was probably more!!he told me to wait another 2 wks before i ride which will take it to 5 wks after op.i could have coped with a b/c as there are so many of you out there that are doing so.seems that they are horrendous though. ive tried to find something on the web bout fibroids growing down there....nothing! has anyone ever heard of this before? sad
  • Posted

Hi everyone

I had surgery on Tuesday (a marsupialization of a right bartholin's cyst). All went really well and I was home 3 hours after I returned from the theatre. I did get some analgesia (Co-codamol) despite being told at my pre-op they wouldn't give me anything. I am quite sore today and have listened to Laser Lady and requested a sick note from my GP for 3 weeks off work. I think I will need it to be honest.

Thank you to everyone for their advice.

• Posted

Hi Matron,

How are you feeling one week after your op?

Please be sure and take is easy, even when you feel 'ok' try not to overdo it!

Horsey: How are you feeling? I've never heard of fibroids in that area either.

I'm 6 weeks post-op and doing good, but reckon it'll be another couple of weeks before I feel 100% again.

Take it easy girls.....

• Posted

hi, im going for scans tomorrow ,12th, on my womb and down below...very nervous as i cant find anything on fibroids growing down there!! i think. y me? how can this be? just hope its ok and benign. very worried. :cry:
  • Posted

Hi all

I's nearly 3 weeks since my op and my sicknote runs out on Boxing Day so I'm off to see my GP before Xmas. I really don't feel ready for work yet. I have been resting as everyone has advised but I've still got a green smelly discharge but I can't find out if this is normal.

Merry Christmas to everyone who links in with this thread. I have felt really supported

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.