Going mad!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have muscle and joint pain, tiredness, sensitive to heat and sun, stinging rash on my face, swollen and painful joints that come and go from my hands to toes, sensitive bladder, itchy skin all over, find it difficult to concentrate, dry eyes, many other symptoms. I Feel worse in the morning. The doctor keeps telling me that it's fibromyalgia. But I am getting worse. All my bloods come back clear although I have over the years been on and off iron tablets. Can someone tell me if its possible to have lupus and have clear blood results?

aabb

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have lupus,your symptoms do sound the same as I experience, especially being heat sensitive,I dread the summer!!!! Not sure about the blood results but people on here have said blood test are clear, later to discover they do have the condition,are you on any medication at the moment? Keep on at your doctor,have you been refered to a rheumatologist ? If not ask to be, good luck things do get better but it seems along time coming.
    • Posted

I have tried different meds over the years for my fibromyalgia but feel they make me worse so I am not taking anything apart from painkillers which I only take at night. I suppose I should go back and ask to see a rheumatologist. My own doctor said she could sent me to a podiatrist because I have problems with my toes but she didn't look interested. I already took myself to one last year to be told I had a slight fallen arch and my heal was out of alignment. She gave me insoles which I wear all the time but it is not helping. I feel fed up and frustrated by it all. 

Aabb

• Posted

Go to see a rheumatologist, it has to be worth a try,they know more about these things than a GP, good luck,hope you soon find a drug that suits you,I'm on my third drug but fingers crossed seems to suit me, for now anyway.
    • Posted

What is the name of the medication you are on? 

Aabb

• Posted

I'm on Azathioprine,I hVe been taking hydroxacholoquine as well but after 2 years took myself off of that,lucky no side effects, it does take a while to take affect,let me know how you get on, I have to rest a lot and no lifting, some times it feels like all my joints need clicking back in, and I need a good stretch. Hope your pain free soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.