Going mad and having anxieties

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have not had a period for over a year since last year. My anxieties are out of control my moods are out of control i get dizzy had trouble sleeping last night. Have had stomach issues. Have been crying have been tired and weak. I feel like my life is out of control what can I do I'm already on medication for anxieties, and trazodone for sleep I need help have low thyroid tired angry moods, anxieties having problems calming myself down feel that I just want to hide away from the world please help me tell me what i can do about these stomach issues and angry mood swings and anxieties. Can't fight this feeling anymore please help 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry Susan I'm having the same issues. I feel the same exact way my anxiety level is horrible some nites I can't even sleep. I hear b6 helps I take but I haven't been consistent with it so I haven't had the full effect. I wish you well but know you are not alone. Its a horrible feeling. Big hugs to you.
    • Posted

I tried b6 two weeks ago on Christmas EVE had a severe panic attack that evening after bell ringing haven't taken it since because I felt really shaky my heart rate was really racing too. Don't want that any more also left me weak too
    • Posted

Oh sorry to hear that, maybe you took a B6 and thought it was the B6 vitamin as thats the day you took it only, maybe your panic attack was related to something else .

Hope you have seen a doctor

Wish you well

Jayx

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I completely understand how you feel. I am dealing with a lot of the same issues. The headaches, dizziness, and my anxiety is through the roof right now. 

If you don't mind my asking. Can you elaborate on the stomach issues you're having?. I have recently been dealing with some of my own. Loss of appetite, nausea.

Lot of these ladies offer really great advice.

Hope you're feeling better soon. 

Kim

• Posted

The stomach issues I have been having a lot of diarrhea, can barely eat anything when I do eat it has to be a little bit at a time. I'm also losing weight with this I'm down from a 210 to either a 205 or my scale reads 202.1 so it has made me lose weight. 
  • Posted

Hi, Susan.  I can not tell much about the anxiety and the stomach issue but about vitamins.  I started taking calcium and vitamin D just at the same time my hormones messed with my heartbeat. I was even scared to take them but time showed me it was just a coincidence.  Maybe it is your case too.

Wish you to get better soon.

• Posted

Thank you I really needed it that I'm glad you don't have a lot of anxieties you are the lucky one.
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

sorry you're feeling so bad. I thought I'd share what I've learnt about this awful time. When your estrogen levels drop cortisol levels are no longer kept in check. High Cortisol = anxiety and stomach issues. I've found it very effective to cut out sugar and carbs (Yes you lose weight and I know you're already losing, I've been there too, in fact I've never been so thin) because sugar and carbs excite your nervous system which is already overexcited. Deep paced breathing for about twenty minutes at a time also lowers your cortisol for several hours. Over xmas I was cheating and it's just caught up on me, sore stomach, hyper nervous and anxious and about 4 hours sleep for the last 2 nights. I'm off the sugar again and I know I'll be okay in a couple of days. I hope this helps 

• Posted

Susan  when reading this I thought I was reading about myself, this is exactly how I have been feeling and I know I must be a nightmare to live with at the moment , but I feel so bad sometimes, at least finding this group as made me feel normal, I do sympathise with you, I feel like running away sometimes and screaming so loud were no one can hear me, wishing you well xxx
    • Posted

Tell me about it. What needs to stop is my temper and my yelling at my boyfriend because I honestly do not want to end up in a hospital or a nursing home. I just feel like this has made me go crazy at times Talking about it in this group really helps thanks for your support ladies I get a lot out of this. 
  • Posted

Hiya Susan, I suffered terribly with panic attacks about 9 years ago, couldn't take any anti-depressants or anything because I was even worse panicking then. I got this book out of the library about cognitive behaviour therapy and it was brilliant. It explains why you are in fight or flight mode and what to do. The deep breathing really helps. I used to sit for 30 minutes a day just practising. then I would go in the bath and soak for 30 minutes in the evening with a bit of lavender telling myself I am well, I am ok, this will pass. Honest to God, I still get the odd anxiety attack now and again but I just get myself to a quiet calm place, bit of deep breathing and distraction till it passes. I am late perimenopause I think - got the whole raft of symptoms - psychological and physical, often think I am going mad. Reluctant to take anything in case it causes me anxiety but I am just gritting my teeth and bearing it. I got all my diaries out worked out I have been 5 years as I am now so hoping to grit just a little bit longer. I am 42 and it's not a great time or place for me to be the way I feel some days. But its what we have to go through isn't it. Just keep checking in here with the forum, sometimes I just read posts to reassure myself I am not cracking up, but I clearly remember a time when I really felt I was cracking up. This will pass, but in the meantime if you can control it, then it cannot control you, that's the main thing I found xxx
    • Posted

Hi Crazydaisy thanks for the update with your anxieties. Thats what I need to start doing is my deep breathing and finding a calming place for myself. I am on Ativan for anxieties and trazodone for depression and anxieties, I'm also on a blood pressure pill called losartan and metformin for diabetes and lvothyroxine for hypothyroidism and vitamin d3 because my vitamin d3 was low last year and claritin for allergies. There are times I just want to go off these medications but I know if I did my anxieties would be up the roof. I think I will go to the library and check out a book on cognitive behavior threapy since I do have a therapist. I will read up on that. Write back to let me know how you are doing
    • Posted

Hi Crazydaisy, are you still on here, I wanted to se how you are feeling now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.