Going on 6 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Still feeling tired from 10 mg cit is that normal? Was on 5mg for 4 1 /2 weeks, upped it to 10 mg almost a week ago, hate being so tired, does it do that to you when you up the dose?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's normal to feel tired. Every time you increase the dose the dude effects start again unfortunately. Are you sticking at 10mg? You should feel better after a couple of months.
    • Posted

You mean I'll start all over again with the side effects for another 6 weeks? I'm beginning to dislike this pill more and more.
    • Posted

Maybe not as bad but it is possible. I tried going up to 20mg and couldn't take it so just stocked at 10mg x
    • Posted

Yeah I'm not going higher if I can help it, when I feel tired like this, the anxiety kicks in also, that normal too?
    • Posted

Yes it's normal I've been back on 10mg for 6 weeks and I'm starting to feel a bit better.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy its all normal mate. If you still getting paniky and anxiety you will know to up your med .we all said the same as you. I am on 30 mg and I feel fantastic now. Not really bothetd about any thing now. I can function. And all is good. I gave been on CIT for 12 months. From 5 mg then 10 then 15 and so on. You will get there and Dont judge your self. A lot of people go through this
  • Posted

No I don't get tired. Even when I'm on 30mgs you might need to go back to doctors if it continues as you could be on the wrong meds.
  • Posted

Everyone gets diff side effects.  Fatigue is normal.  Usually you'll just have a couple weeks of side effects after a dosage increase, or less, and not as intense as when you started.  It does work for a lot of people who stick with it.  Also another great thread is "Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?"  Hundreds of people on it explain about your question and other side effects.  Especially at the beginning of the thread.  Good luck :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.