going on a month

Posted , 3 users are following.

Maybe someone can give me some advice, on the 29th I was driving and had a sharp feeling on my left side then came the difficulty breathing, er told me it wasn't cardiac have me pain pills sent me home, since then I have gone back to the er prob 6 times the pain is progressively getting worse, now I'm light headed the pain is not also in my back and sometimes in my right side. I honestly feel like I'm dying, I have a cough with it. It has made my anxiety worse. I am in so much pain and with 4 kids I still have to pull it together and go to work. CT scans and x rays all come back fine, please please can someone tell me what can give you some relief, pain pills don't do anything for this.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Any fever? Did they do an ECG? Does it hurt more when you breath in? Worse or better lying down?
  • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry...this can be the worst feeling...everyone starts to think you are crazy, I'm in a health situation, so sick, noboday can diagnose. I believe it is all related to, weeks of, direct exposure to severe airborne mold, toxic black mold that my workers, not mold experts, were redoing my bathroom, identified rediculous leve ls of black mold, continued to rip out walls, remodel, never containing the area so my whole home was contaminatedf. Since then I've had full remediation. Any issues with your sinus's? Severe allergies that may have become a sinus infection? Maybe funal related? Do you find symptoms are worse when at home? That is all I can suggest, that there could be an actual source, something making you sick? Did you change any medications? Even homeopathic? Herbs, DIET, get a pet? Try to think what, if anything, no matter how small it seems, like, when you had that first episode....try to go back, day by day, something that might seem routine but, to your routine...it was new? Also, if you live in a damp envirenment, have a basement or some area you frequent that might conceal mold? You can hire someone to come and test your home, if it is old.....this is NOT rare....sadly. Kind of like a home inspection for a home sale...they will just be testing every crevice, wall, floor, etc. for a high moisture reading. Or, if you think of a potential location, not that you are thinking of the possibilies, you may suddenly realize that it has had a slight oder, mildew....that is likely the source. I had just bought my condo and due to my agent from hell, there was a time crunch so I used the sellers Home Inspection as they company is highly rated, reputable, even has more advanced equipment, far superior to a moisture meter, to identify moisture. After the sale, the condo was no longer "Staged" and during the walk thru, we went to master bath and I noticed a, fairly mild (for/to me) smell of mildew. I commented as I noticed it, immediately and instantly stated that I can small mildew. MY agent dismissed it, said no way, I investigated a bit an thought some of the floor tile looked off. "It's Only Brown Grout". 
  • Posted

Oh I'm so sorry...this can be the worst feeling...everyone starts to think you are crazy, I'm in a health situation, so sick, noboday can diagnose. I believe it is all related to, weeks of, direct exposure to severe airborne mold, toxic black mold that my workers, not mold experts, were redoing my bathroom, identified rediculous leve ls of black mold, continued to rip out walls, remodel, never containing the area so my whole home was contaminatedf. Since then I've had full remediation. Any issues with your sinus's? Severe allergies that may have become a sinus infection? Maybe funal related? Do you find symptoms are worse when at home? That is all I can suggest, that there could be an actual source, something making you sick? Did you change any medications? Even homeopathic? Herbs, DIET, get a pet? Try to think what, if anything, no matter how small it seems, like, when you had that first episode....try to go back, day by day, something that might seem routine but, to your routine...it was new? Also, if you live in a damp envirenment, have a basement or some area you frequent that might conceal mold? You can hire someone to come and test your home, if it is old.....this is NOT rare....sadly. Kind of like a home inspection for a home sale...they will just be testing every crevice, wall, floor, etc. for a high moisture reading. Or, if you think of a potential location, not that you are thinking of the possibilies, you may suddenly realize that it has had a slight oder, mildew....that is likely the source. I had just bought my condo and due to my agent from hell, there was a time crunch so I used the sellers Home Inspection as they company is highly rated, reputable, even has more advanced equipment, far superior to a moisture meter, to identify moisture. After the sale, the condo was no longer "Staged" and during the walk thru, we went to master bath and I noticed a, fairly mild (for/to me) smell of mildew. I commented as I noticed it, immediately and instantly stated that I can small mildew. MY agent dismissed it, said no way, I investigated a bit an thought some of the floor tile looked off. "It's Only Brown Grout". 
  • Posted

I apologize Jess, My TMI reply, already to long, appears to have sent itself 2-3x? I was just typing and it sent, Sadly, I had a bit more I thought I should share. That was, also, too detailed but it's such a bizarre and facsinating story. The basic fact, I hope to drive home.....IF there could be mold in your home....it is so elusive, it is very progressive, if a little leak existed 10 years ago......like my case.....it was all behind dry wall, under the fiberglass shower and yes....under floor tile. That little area of tile "with brown grout" was the only area I would allow myself to invest and replace that tile, Thankfully, the toilet in that bathroom 
  • Posted

I think I will throw in the towel but have so much empathy, so get the insanity that can accompany the ongoing ability to diagnose our bodies enemy. The self doubt, the shaking head of the Dr. implying....this is all in your mind. It is minimized, dismissed, I've had the Xray, CT's, 3 courses of antibiotics, most notable, the 1st symptom to send up red flag was, one day my vision was excellent, the next day, my world was a blurr, my vision, almost useless, lumpy, tender or almost congestion around side and under both breasts, migrains.....oh and my appearance changed overnight. Forhead, just outside infected, frontal sinus's, smooth one day, then.... dents, bumps, freaky but the dr can't see it or the bruise on my cheek, just outside another sinus cavity. So, yes, all of these symptoms, seemingly unrelated, Dr's not concerned but WE KNOW OUR BODY AND WE MUST BE THE, FIERCE ADVOCATE, FOR OUR OWN MEDICAL CARE! I'd mastered that ability for my friend or family but now they are gone so it's up to me and I've rocked at this. Refuse to be ignored, never feel like a pest, bugging medical staff, to get what you need. get a 2nd opinion, refuse to take no for an answer....all of that has been a must. In fact, I finally turned to ER to get my sinus infection addressed this year, More accomplished in 3 hours than 3 weeks. Please, prevail, & keep the faith in the face of everyone's doubt. I should follow my own advice here? Dang....journal the symptoms, flare ups, when, where, diet that day.....and maybe have home checked for larger sources of moisture??? I hope you feel better soon...btw....have your sinus's indicated any change, like a cold or allergies and....have you had any incident with your vision accompany the other symptoms? Lastly, forgive me for a 3 part post, inluding one that posted...3x? Hey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.