Going on holiday

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay, similar question to the wedding one, but what do you guys think...

I'm going away in a month's time and I'll be away for almost three weeks. For breakfast and lunch I can eat well and stick to the fat limits so can take the pills. For dinner I will be eating out and don't really have any control over what I eat (I've been to the area before and menus are very limited and fatty!)..how long will the lunch and breakfast pills stick around in my body? Would I be okay to pick the best option I can and skip the pills for dinner meals, or will they still be working? Really dont want to risk any nasty accidents while I'm away, but am at the doc quite soon after I get back to see if they're going to keep me on them so I don't want to gain a lot either but not taking them for three weeks!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Squeak,

Well I totally understand your dilema :roll:

I can only tell you from my own experience. When I took 2 pills for brekkie & lunch then skipped a pill at dinner I was fine :shock: :D The meal I ate was really high in fat but it was GOOD fat and only about 1.5g of Saturated fat so I skipped the pill and no probs at all.

Also there have been a few times when I've gone over the 15g limit and still been fine :? It seems to be only when I REALLY overdo it that I get O/OIL :twisted:

Hope this helps and enjoy your hol.

Where you goin by the way? Got room in ya suitcase?

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Gosh what a dilemma, I'm due to go to the Maldives in October for 3 weeks under the AI banner, and whilst we have been to the Island before I know there are some amazing puds - I will be ok with the fresh fish which is in abundance and the rice etc but its the puds that lure - and the free alcohol 8)

I know the latter doesnt contain fat but its tempting. I dont want to stop the pills and to be honest whilst we are there we are using the Spa for massages and also loads of snorkling so will prob burn off anything in the body but the food is amazing. We dont often have lunch - so do you take the pills or just for breakfast and indulge? :evil: :evil:

• Posted

I was on holiday for a week in Prague and thought hey I can be good and eat low fat and take my pills! What a mistake!!!!!! :shock: First day I had fruit and yogurt for breakfast and a pill....all ok, at lunch we were at a market and I had a small pitta with salad and chicken with a small amount of dressing....all ok....NO ten minutes later disaster! :oops: lets just say my knickers went in the bin and that was the tablets stopped for the rest of the holiday! 8)

The problem was I still had orange oil for the next 2 days :oops: whoever suggested the cotton wool ball for you know where is a fanstatic person! :oops: smile

My advice is don't take them while on holiday as you just don't know what you are eating and how it is cooked. Just try and eat low fat while you are away and start back on the pills when you get home.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for the tip - hadnt heard the cotton wool story though but will bear in mind although so far I havent had any side effects - fingers crossed! :o
  • Posted

Nah, leave them in the cupboard and enjoy your holiday.

Bugger the cotton wool ball in the a&se,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Posted

nuff said!!!! :lol:
  • Posted

I've just got back yesterday, from 2 weeks in Florida. I took the tablets with me, but didn't take any at all. I did watch what I ate and had more salad then I ever do normally. Also did have more naughty foods than have been having while on the tablets. I got on the scales this morninng and I've put on 2lbs, which I didn't think was too bad. I've started back on the tabs today.

So my advice would be leave them at home, watch what you eat, but enjoy yourself and get back into it when you get back home. You can afford to indulge just a little bit.

xx

• Posted

I just had a week away in turkey. Kept taking the tabs and eating what on the face of it were low fat options. 2 days in I had the usual problems so stopped taking them for the rest of the week. My conclusion was that the food was prepared in a way that could make a grilled fish salad bad news.

Embarrasing to leave the hotel matress in a state....

• Posted

[quote:f548c1a294=\"fatade\"]I just had a week away in turkey. Kept taking the tabs and eating what on the face of it were low fat options. 2 days in I had the usual problems so stopped taking them for the rest of the week. My conclusion was that the food was prepared in a way that could make a grilled fish salad bad news.

Embarrasing to leave the hotel matress in a state....[/quote:f548c1a294]

Thats why I didn't take any while away. At the end of the day, we don't know how other countries cook their foods or what they cook them in. I don't think it's worth taking the chance..... :?

xx

• Posted

Yeah think I might have to do without. I'm going to Arizona and all the food is greasy and fried! It is very hard to find a salad most places...I usually gain a few pounds when I go and lose them pretty quick once I'm back, then plateau, so hopefully it wont set me back too much when I'm back on the pills!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.