going potty

Posted , 5 users are following.

Oh ye wondering if ppis stop regurgitation or neutralise the contents acid wise, im reading as much as poss but some say ppis stop acid production and some they neutralise! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I say to doctors that they just neutralise the acid and I still get reflux they give me a doubting look but it seems to be the case.
    • Posted

hi derek, yes conflicting info methinks...........meaning that the stuff that regurgitates if  it is neutralised would still taste disgusting and make your breath bad  but would be less harmful to throat tissue teeth gullet etc, since it may be the case that ppis do the above neut..but dont stop the reflux to throat LPR pr GERD lower down...........soldiering on baffled, cheers Derek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.