Going through the motions…. AGAIN!! Sertraline/Zoloft

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys,

Little backdrop story, I started taking Sertraline around 2 and a half years ago. I remember all the side effects and feelings that first came with taking the medication but stayed with it and had good success. After around 2 years i decided to start slowly weaning off. I got to being on 25mg from 100mg over the course of a few months and thought i was doing fine....

A few days ago i suffered a panic attack out of nowhere, which really caught me off guard. I continued to to tell myself that all was ok but wasnt able to shake it off and found myself back in the anxiety cycle of doom!!

After talking with the doctor im now back on 50mg from 25mg and going through the motions again. Doctor told me that 25mg wouldnt really do anything for me as its not a therapeutic dose. So i basically now find myself started over again.

Anxiety is heightened, mood is low, energy is zapped and i just cant believe im back here again!!

just wanted to know if anyone has been on a similar journey to this!!

take care guys x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.