Going to be a father!!! Need advice!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

a little over a month ago my wife and i decided to start trying for a baby. were both 26 and are more then financially capable to have a baby. so we thought it was the right time to start.

now, dont get me wrong im thrilled. ive wanted to be a dad for years, however after reacting very happy and excited with my wife....i had a minor panic attack alone in the bedroom... i believe im ready but im also afraid im not? my dad was an abusive a$$****.

i havent seen him in over 10 years but im worries that i dont have any positive rolemodels for fathering a child...

is it normal to freak out when you wanted this? does anyone have advice for me? whats the first child really like?

thanks for your time.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey bud, its totally normal man. The fact that your dad was such, completely means you are gonna be a really awesome dad. You've seen the bad, the horrible. And there is no way on earth you are gonna let your child pass through what you did.

This feeling of nervousness is completely normal, but I want you to clear your mind, trust in yourself and be strong! And congratulations!!

A happy 2019 to you and your family!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.