going to be tested for h-pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

im just wondering if h-pylori is what is causing my stomach problem ive been having the same symptoms since i was 18 it flares up every few years and makes me feel ill for about 4 months my symptoms is a really bad burning pain from my stomach right up in my neck like heartburn pain that is constant i also feel like i have a tention headache my muscles feel sore in my neck and shoulders.I have had the camera in my stomach about 3 times and every time the doctor said its gastritis stop smoking and drinking so 3 years ago i stopped smoking but i still had a bit of alchol. im now suffring again with this burning pain sore muscles and feeling like crap everyday so ive been to the doctors again he said he will do a stool test to see if it is h-pylori thats causing all this but i carnt do the test for 2 weeks because i was taking lanzoprsole it can intfere with the test so i have to wait till the 25th of this month berfore i can do the test i hope they find somthing im at my whits end i just want to feel better._ 0 votes F Report g Share

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention i thought they would have checked for h-pylori when i had the camera in my stomach.
  • Posted

I'm waiting for the results of. Breath test for heliobacter to come back, you could ask for one of those but it takes 2 weeks for results.

I'm also getting my camera tests ( up and down!!) done urgently too.

My symptoms for the upper stomach have been burping constantly and the gnawing pain at night, no indigestion at all yet!

You really do need to find out if you have it as its best eliminated early, I let my symptoms come and go for over 20 years till I sought help.

The camera test should provide reassurance as nothing nasty will get by that xx

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply ive been getting the same symptoms since i was 18 im now 37 its been 3 years years ago now since the last flare up it hurts all the time and just makes me feel ill 24/7.I dont think i can do the breath test either because the lanszopole  can give a negative result so i have to wait 2 weeks till its out of my body then i can do stool test i just wish it would go away now.
    • Posted

I think the camera could show any erosions or ulcers caused by HP, if they are not there thrn that's a bonus and its a matter of confirming the bacteria other ways and treating with antibiotics for a while!!

Really hope it all goes that simple for you!

I'm also 37!!

You really don't want the ulcer associated with HP!!

Oddly, and I'm convinced I have A HP ulcer, I NEVER get a stomach bug!! Like, not in 22 years which is odd! I reasoned if I do have HP that it probably kills any potential bugs, would you find this?

Xx

• Posted

i have never had a stomach bug either oddly so maybe the hp does potential kill the bugs. can ulcers run it the family?  my dad had one so maybe i do now.Good luck in finding out if you have hp
    • Posted

See, that's weird I always prided myself on having a strong stomach!!!

Not sure if they run in families but ulcers should not ever be left untreated.

Unfortunately I have had a dodgy blood result come back elevated, it's a tumour marker but ulcers can raise this and smoking, I have just given up last week from 25 a day!!! So praying it's just those factors raising it.

I would push for a GI referral or try a second opinion, think hard for anything else that could be related.

I get shocking night sweats oddly.

Push on, don't be put off xx

• Posted

This is the 2nd doctor i have been to about this he said before he can do a GI referral he has to do certain tests first so if i dont test postive for hp i think he said he would refer me.
    • Posted

Yeah, he needs to rule out anything he can treat without referral I suppose.

Keep me posted!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.