Going to docs fora blood test

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all

Ive just been on phone to my local surgery i live in a smallish town called Penrith in Cumbria.

Ive got my monthly blood test coming up on the 2nd of April and just wanted to check that i still go as if i miss them they cancel my next med,s delivery which come directly to my door as they have to be refrigerated.

Anyways ive been told that i will be getting on of these illusive letters as i am deemed high risk and i still have to go for my blood test but to a different waiting room that has seemingly been designated for all the high riskers.

Obviously i,l go but as like lots of others it just puts all sorts of scary thoughts in your head but we just have to put these thoughts to one side as the over riding factor is we go in for a few minutes, the nurses and docs who are there all day every day, well theres just no words and hats off to you.

I have the same nurse who does my tests all the time

FAY

Thankyou Fay your a young lass with young kids and your a very self effacing person and you,l probably never read this but to you and your co workers your DIAMONDS.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would go for the blood tests. Are you able to wear a mask if one is available. I like in US and wear a mask when I go out. I bought about 10 many years ago but never needed to use them.

I think you should be fine though with or without a mask. The blood tests are impt but you could call and see what they tell you to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.