Going to doctor to switch BP meds

Posted , 1 user is following.

This has been a rough week.

I started taking Amlodipine 7 months ago at 5mg and 3 months ago at 10mg.

2 weeks ago the top layer of skin on my palms and the soles of my feet peeled off.

1 week ago the top two ribs on the upper right side of my sternum became inflamed and swollen.

5 days ago I had my first panic attack ever.

4 days ago I went to the ER with the same symptoms. I was fine.

I stopped being able to sleep.

Yesterday I went to the ER for sudden onset double vision after severe pain in my neck suddenly went numb then grew very hot. I was fine.

Later that night I had what I believe was my first migraine which is fortunately mild in terms of pain but is still uncomfortable, scary and I believe is still occuring, this was after 3 days with no sleep. Fortunately I passed out and slept after.

I've had a multitude of side effects in that time. Including dizziness, severe anxiety, neck, shoulder and back pain, shooting pain and numbness down my arms, nausea, lack of appetite, heart palpitations, racing heartbeat, chest pain, random muscles aching then stopping, alternating chills and heat in ransom parts of my body. when I lay down or breathe deeply my body dumps cortisol and adrenaline and leaves me wired and restless and many more I'm probably forgetting.

Ive spent days pacing while in a haze.

I have 2 days until my appointment wish me luck.

This has been the worst I've ever felt. Good luck to anyone going through something similar.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.