Going to meet surgeon on Wednesday

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been battling HS for almost 8 years now! They have tried over 8 medications and nothing is working. I have it under my arms. I was wondering has anyone had surgery or any advice you have. Very nervous and scared

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My daughter has had excision on both armpits a year ago and again in one armpit this past March. She still has flare ups now on the other arm. Provides temporary relief. I say try it.
    • Posted

Also she is 17 and very active in sports so I do believe thats part of the frequent flare ups as well
    • Posted

The one they are wanting to do is removing my sweatgland! Is that what your daughter had done?
  • Posted

Hi. I've heard that surgery is an option when your hs is a constant problem which mine is but I'm not at a point where I can have the surgery to remove it from under my arms right now cuz I've got a 2yr old to take care of so all I've heard is they take the hs away but also some good skin/flesh too so that it won't come back. I don't know much more than that at this time but I think it's a good opportunity to have some relief from the hs so good luck and wish you well. I'm sure everything will be ok smile
    • Posted

Thank you so much! I am scared to be put under and I have heard the first 5 days after surgery is rough jist don't know what to expect
    • Posted

I have a 2 year old also. I am having the surgery on August 16. I noticed that you are not opting for surgery because you have a 2 year old and that is completely understandable. Now, I am afraid of surgery. I currently live with my mom, and she is supposed to help me after surgery. However, I am still afraid because I have to be honest about my mom meaning she will help but not much. In the past 2 years I have had several surgeries, and I went days in pain because I didn't have enough help from my mom. Now, I do not know what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.