Going to my go for years with problems and finally think I have diagnosed myself

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all ive been on here several times looking for clues as to what was going on with me as i knew after starting menopause at 39 im now 47 that i should have been at the end but every other day i had new pains and aches dizziness and just crying due to desperation as to what was wrong my gp kept telling me i gad depression but i knew i wasnt depressed ive always been a strong person so for the lsst year my blood pressure has been high and slightly high cholesterol pains in my chest head arms legs you name the body part i had a pain. but fir the last week i gave been unable to walk much sleep stand or sit due to pains from my hips the whole way down to my feet i scoured the internet to find answers and everything i put in kept coming up with the same answers coogulation of the artheries which means blockages at this minute i cant wait to get an app with my gp to have it out with her. i am at high risk of heart attack/stroke maybe even amputation if its bad enough all my symptoms pointed to this but she kept saying depressionwas the answer. please look after yourselves and listen to your body trust your own instincts. x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg Sandra, good luck! I hope you are okay. I have had doctors similarly blow me off and just say "oh your biggest issue is anxiety" when clearly I was having hormonal and other issues that a blood test later confirmed. YOU know your body and what is and isn't normal. It's not like we are idiots. OF COURSE we can tell the difference between depression or anxiety and severe pain that indicates a physical or hormonal issue. And if a doctor treats you like this find a better doctor!! I know it's hard to find one for sure, but sounds like you need and deserve a better GP. I pray you are okay but if you need anything major your GP that ignored you should pay for it! Or their practice will look terrible. I had a friend get a doctor who screwed up to pay part of her medical bills.

• Posted

Hi Sandra, How discouraged you must feel. You mentioned that you are at a higher risk for heart attack and stroke, is your doctor aware of this?Have you had heart tests done, like stress test, ecg, and heart echo? You mentioned you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol, has you or your doctor found a way to lower it? By diet, exercise? Body pain at this age is not uncommon, especially if we are not up and moving around, but you are right there can be many other causes as well. Unfortunately the anxiety and depression card is used too much, if we are anxious or depressed it is because we are not feeling well and not feeling heard.Have you ever thought of seeing someone outside of the medical box? A naturalpathic doctor, or Chinese medicine practitioner? You would be amazed of the knowledge they have and they look deeper into the root and can offer great solutions. You tend to feel more heard from them as well. These are just some ideas.

• Posted

coagulation is a blood clot sandra, i thought i had those but im still here a year on x

• Posted

i also had to diagnose myself,gp kept telling me not to google things this is how i found this group amen ! i am now on HRT cause i begged my dr to try itthankfully she relented i am feeling 85% better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.