Going to Thailand in 6 weeks, need to taper off valium before I go please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have been taking valium, mainly off the street 10mg tablets for about 4 years on and off due to my generalised anxiety disorder. At first I never thought I would get addicted and it helped for a while, but now has become a big problem. I live in the UK where valium addicts aren't treated seriously, sadly.

I went for help at my GP last November, got given a diary and told to go and taper off myself. It sickened me. So at New Year, I really wanted to change my life around. I am a muay thai boxer and booked a 3 week trip to Phuket, Thailand and vowed to turn my life away from valium and beat anxiety and have a successful muay thai career and get my life back on track.

To shorten it up, I need help, tips etc on how to get off these in 6 weeks before I go, as I am not risking smuggling them in a vitamin tub like I have done to Spain etc before due to the scary strict rules on drugs in Thailand. I am so looking forward to this trip. Before New Year I was self medicating on about 20-30 valium per day, plus 4 dihydrocodeine and 4-6 tramadol 50mg to block the anxiety out.

I have managed to kick the opiates out my life, just the valium now, I am down to 8-10 tablets per day. What do you recommend in the next 6 weeks, I have came a long way getting off the amount of valium I was taking, but I am still dependant and getting off all opiates. My anxiety is starting to get a little high as I begin to detox further, just any tips, good 6 week detox plans as I cannot cancel this trip of a lifetime, infact this 3 week trip could be the beginning of a new life for me.

Thank you and sorry for such a long post. Its my first time on here.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm.really sorry but I think it's going to take longer than.6 weeks to.come off them.xx

• Posted

I know but I can't just throw away an experience of a lifetime that I had paid 1000 pounds plus for. I will just need to cut down what I can the next 6 weeks and keep training and stay string over in Thailand where I wull be training everyday. I wanted to take a few tonight but went to muay thai instead and never took any. I will try my best because I am definitely going just looking for some help that will ease it a little

• Posted

It is going to be hard but I did it 3 for one week 2 for one week and then 1 for one week ten none. It saved all the horrid withdrawals.
  • Posted

It is going to be hard but I did it 3 for one week 2 for one week and then 1 for one week ten none. It saved all the horrid withdrawals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.