Going to the doctors soon but worried spots will have gone by the and they won't believe me...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Though of couse i want my spots to go, i am very prone to huge breakouts on my face and back that last around a week. I'm finally going to the doctors about it but i'm worried that by then most of the spots will have died down. It's mainly about self-esteem. I never feel confident any more. I'm 14 and i have a friend who takes medication. Is this a good idea? I hate going out without make up on and wearing lots of it just makes my spots worse so i don't know what to do... can anyone help...?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi take a picture of them and show her,you have to be tough and tell the dr how it makes you feel.tell them you dont want to go out because of them.Good luck let us no how it goes.Also have you tried neutragena foam wash this helps mine i use it twice a day xx

• Posted

thanks, i have now done this and am going to the drs tomorrow. I feel way more confident now that they will see how bad it really is. smile Thanks for the advice.
  • Posted

Hi I agbree with Trudy - seek medical help for your acne,

Whatever you do and however tempted you are do not burst your spots.   I say this from experience as I had acne as a youngster and I did pop mine and ended up with lifelong scarring.   Please never do that.   I wish all the treatments available now were open to me then and I wouldn't have ended up with acne scars.

Also never listen if anyone tells you it is because you are dirty or you eat the wrong things coz it is nothing to do with it.  Acne is a skin disease and is caused by over production of oil from your sebacious glands.   Please seek immediate treatment,  x

• Posted

thank you for replying, i used to do this and now have a few scars but although sometimes im tempted as it feel it will make it better, i try to avoid it! Hoping for a good result at the drs tomorrow! 
  • Posted

I should of said i'm on antibiotics for 2 months because of mine they were that bad it looked like I had chicken pox.

Hypercats right dont sqeeze them I also use a bit of tea tree oil just dab it on,it dries them up too.Good luck take care and remember tell the Dr you want them gone. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.