Going up and down stairs after a hip replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

about a year ago I had a right sided total hip replacement and when I came home from the hospital I slept downstairs for a couple of weeks where there is access to a loo when I have my hip placement next week I am considering sleeping upstairs and just coming down a couple of time a day to eat there is a loo upstairs as well well what do people think of this as a plan

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi

when i has my hip done dec 2019, i went up and down stairs to toilet, bed, etc as found good excercise for my hip.

so i think good idea, but its how you feel.

thanks

thanks Vickie

• Posted

I slept upstairs and came downstairs in the day. I do have a loo both upstairs and downstairs on the other hand. Good luck with your op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.