Going up to 20mg today..scared!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been on 10mg for 3 months having previously taken citalopram last year. I feel I need to up my dose. I have taken 20mg for the first time this morning. My side effects were really bad for over a month when I first started so I'm worried what will happen now. I know some people go to 15mg first, but I just thought I would go for it.

Can anybody tell me what will happen to me, when it will start and how long will it last?

Sorry to ask so much!!

Thanks x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi amy..I went from 10mg to 20mg and tbh I didn't really notice much maybe a bit dizziness for a day or 2...but everyone is different. ..take care
  • Posted

Hello amy

I was on 10mg cit for 6 wks to start with GP upped my dose to 20mgs just over 2 wks ago I'm struggling with the side effects but will persist and hope it levels  itself out. Like Ethan said everyone's different on these meds.

jean

• Posted

Hello amy

getting nausea go a bit dizzy but it does seem to wear off as the day goes on, but that's just me you may be ok, but go with it and I'm sure we will get there in the end

jean

• Posted

When I restarted on this med last year  went straight for 20mg as I'd previously done.  I had dizziness, nauseau, and had about 2 days of really bad anxiety which made me pace around :-(

Symptoms wear off in time.  Everyone's different ...... but persevere and you'll find these work a treat eventually.

Am feeling great now! :-)

• Posted

Hi Amy,

No one can really tell you how you personally will be as we are all different and react in different ways to Cita, but you will get some side effects anyway. So, as you said you might as well "go for it!" Sounds like you have some experience of Cita already therefore, to an extent, you know it ain't going to be fun. The important thing is to get through the initial c**p and try and just remain positive about getting better!

I had no idea what was going to or when it did what was happening to me, but thank God (other deities or figures of worship or not, are available or not depending on yer preference!) for this forum.

Keep posting and ready other's posts as we're all here for each other, especially to help you through the early days.

Good Luck.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you all. I feel fine so far but it's only day one. I always seem to react to medication badly.
  • Posted

Hi Amy, I started on 10 and then went up to 20 and found no difference however this was in the first weeks so was still experienceing side effects so that may not help much sorry ! I think you'll be fine though stay positive maybe if really worried talk to doc but the folks on here are the greatest as I have been helped many times from their experiences also. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.