Golden Seal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone taken Golden Seal to help their UTI symptoms? How did you get on with it?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phoebe, I'd never heard of it but was curious so I had a quick look and found this:

"research at the University of Texas-Houston Medical School has shown goldenseal’s medicinal effectiveness as an immune stimulant may be due to its ability to reduce the pro-inflammatory response, which indirectly leads to the  limiting of clinical symptoms during infection. Goldenseal is also recommended to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are caused by bacterial overgrowth in the bladder’s interior walls. The berberine in goldenseal actually prevents the E. coli from binding to urinary tract walls."

It sounds like it may work in a similar way to craanberry juice which also stops bugs clinging to the walls. I would suggest it's possibly worth giving it a go - and letting us know how you get on!

• Posted

Thanks Miriam, I don't know where I heard about it, that remains a mystery. wink

• Posted

It's a natural antibiotic but I heard it takes 10-12 days to work and that's a while for uti pain.  I'd like to know if anyone tried it too..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.