Gonna lose my job becoz of this , what a joke

Posted , 4 users are following.

Am gonna lose my job coz of this slipped disc. I have a very hands on and manual job that involves lifting .

They already said after 6 months they can let me go , I am extremely mad I actually wanna scream me head off I can't deal with this it's a joke.

Injection didn't work at all and am back to square one ... pain in back me leg pins needles in me foot burning and numb all back me thigh and foot.

But I read today that it's degenerative L5/S1 with a mild disc bulge with a right S1 nerve root impingement.

Well it might be mild but I can't walk longer the 10 mons without having to stop to try and carry on and I how can I go a work .

I know people got it worse then me , and to be told they may not operate don't give me hope .

What more injections more painkillers for how long

Then someone tells me it be hard get benifit for this coz am not that bad

Well yes I am bad coz I can't do daily things I can't drive me car can't go a work . Can't even hoover my house

I feel am having a melt down really do. I never get used to this for goodness

Sorry for going on but I am at the end of my mind here .

Let me ask question if doctor gives me the strongest pain killer I can have and I do try go back to work can I do more damage ?

Don't know why am asking but I have to

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would explain ur situation to yr consultant and as for a discectomy and explain u need to go bck to work asap. If you're company is a good one Ud think theyd put u on light duties until yr able to get sorted . Nip into yr local citerzens advice

• Posted

Am gonna go citizens advice Jessica and am going back to doctor try get appointment Friday when me partner off coz I can't drive meself

• Posted

What pain killers are you taking? I've found no painkillers to help, you need specific tablets for the nerve pain like gabapentin or pregabalin.

• Posted

I have to ask when go back about them tablets , they gave me tramadol and ibrphen. .... I tried cocodamals but they don't help either

• Posted

Donna I also suffer with depression and anxiety and they were prescribed to me. None of those pain killers you are taking will touch the nerve pain caused by a ruptured disc. The pain you are in, not being able to walk or sleep will make your depression 10 times worse so surely managing the pain that bad is priority, I've been exactly the same. There's another tablet called amitriptyline which is an antidepressant which when prescribed in low doses helps with nerve pain. How long have you been in pain? Has it ever eased then come back?

• Posted

The amitriptyline or the gabapentin didn't work for me only the pregabalin at the maximum dose helped. But the other medication has helped for other people so it's trial and error really.

• Posted

Hi , I have had amiyripjtyline, which done nothing and then they were saying we can up them . But I was to scared coz am on 100mg of trazadone. And am there thinking there antidepressant am on antidepressants as it I 's. ... I am gonna try go doctors again tomorrow coz am fed up . Been like this for over 4 months now . And I don't want tablets were I can't futon all day

• Posted

Good luck Donna. It's been almost 2 years since I went to the doctors initially and I still haven't had any treatment. It's months waiting for a referral for this then months for that. I've been waiting this length of time despite paying for my own Mri and consultation thinking it would speed up the process. I was also told I have a very large rupture which puts me at risk of cauda equina. I'm on the waiting list for an operation, it's a long painful road.

• Posted

I insisted my doc referred me to a neurosurgeon at a private hospital via nhs I first went in September I am due my op in April inbetween I've had MRI one spinal injection and a discectomy a ct and X-ray . So far brilliant service. Push for this

• Posted

Hiya went doctors this morning they have me gabaentine 300mg . They also said be coz injection not worked then they won't give me surgery. And can take up to a year for this sort this out.

So more tears today , whiy can't anyone say to me right this is what gonna happen . Not keep telling me all different things .

Even me left hip is killing me I just don't get it .

I said to him about my job , he went well there probably find u a job u can do I went like what ? I fan sit for long can't stand.

I just don't know anymore.... also will these pills make me like I can't function ?

• Posted

That's rubbish my injection didn't work and iam having surgery they need to do a discogram where they inject blue dye into yr disc to see if there the source of pain, if they are then you should be considered for surgery. Don't let this go Donna push them

• Posted

Hi again Donna

I also had the hip pain and a dragging kind of pain in lower abdomen. The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body and runs through these areas. The gabapentin didn't cause any problems for me and I functioned as normal. I found the pregabalin way better, although doctors don't like to prescribe this as it's very expensive. The pregabalin did change the way I felt but I didn't care at the time because I was in so much pain I wasn't in work or leaving the house anyway.

• Posted

I was also told if injection didn't work next step would be an op. I was put on waiting list for both so that I was already in the queue for the op incase injection didn't help. Who told you that your doctor or the spinal consultant? They wouldn't let a dog suffer in this pain!!

• Posted

Well took one the tablets I feel bit drowsy, got next one to take soon . I reply later just feel bit drugged I hope it gets better and I just feel normal. Coz am not liking how this makes me at moment

Gonna lay down now thanks everyone just can't concentrate xx

• Posted

Hiya jessica, I will keep pushing it . I don't have appointment until April. I go back to doctors on 15th March . Am on these pills and have say they knocked me for six . I hope that I won't feel like that all the time coz I hate the feeling of feeling drugged up.

The pain not been to bad but it's still there , so at least am hoping that these pills at least help with pain now .

Don't know if you took these pills and anyone can tell me will the drugged feeling go?

I can't thank anyone enough for all your advice and help . You all helped so much

• Posted

It May settle once there in yr yr system. Unfortunately pain relief is the only way forward, I hate popping pills as they start to affect the rest of yr body. I have got quite a high pain threshold. It comes with 20 year s of dealing with pain . But it's cruel to let human s suffer when there is some thing that may help. Good Luck remind the na you pay there wages through ur taxes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.