Gonococcal Arthritis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with gonococcal arthritis. It was the most unbearable pain I have ever had in my life. Plus they also did a surgery on my right knee to extract fluid cultures, that one was hurting the most.

Currently, I am on IV antibiotics. I cannot walk. I use a walker to go to restroom. The pain is there but better. I do take prescribed pain medication.

This whole experience has traumatized me. Please tell me it will get better. I just wanna go back to normal walking and my life.

From what I read this is supposed to be a rare side effect of gonorrhea. Sadly, I had to get it. Has anyone had this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.