Good and bad days??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! I’ve been on Sertraline for 2 weeks (25mg for 10 days, 50mg for the last 5). I had a period of some good days and a few times, I thought this was it! I’m cured! But then I’m set back by a string of bad days. Or I have really good nights and then my morning/most of the day are filled with anxiety. My nights are usually much better than my days. I have health anxiety so it’s a viscous cycle.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this? Are these set backs something I should expect? I’m letting my set backs ruin the progress. Any positive help would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi Courtney 

I’m on week 3 plus a few days... had exactly the same as you ... thought I was cured and bang ! I’m told this is normal and you need to be patient and just accept it maybe more like 6 weeks ! 

Hang in there ! 

• Posted

Thank you for replying! It’s nice not to feel alone. Hears to many more good days 
  • Posted

Hi Courtney,

I'm in the same position as you.. Been 4 weeks for me now ( 1 wk on 25mg and 3wks on 50mg)..

Had a few days in week 2 where I felt better and thought things were improving then went downhill again with side effects coming back.

From what I've read on this forum most people are the same and it just takes a bit of time to work.

Hang in there and hope you feel better soon ? xxxx

• Posted

Hello my friend 

You know I’ve been dealing with morning anxiety for the longest! The good and bad days are def going to get less and less in time and soon you’ll have more good days. I still struggle with anxiety especially waking up and prob till about 4 pm. Then I seem to clam down and the later it gets the better I feel. You’re seriously doing amazing and I know you’re going to get through this. ( we will together) ❤️

• Posted

Thank you, Jenna! My friend for so many reasons ♥️ 

We’ll fight together. 

• Posted

Thank you, Jenna! My friend for so many reasons ♥️ 

We’ll fight together. 

• Posted

How did you feel before you upped your dose, could it be a side effect of upping your dose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.