Good bacteria

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone know how long to keep taking good bacteria I'm taking femidopholis and acidophilus should I have a break from them? 

For those who have used them vaginally ie femidopholis  how are you doing this please? 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz

are you taking two different sorts ? 

you can take ( as far as I know) pro biotics every day.. the gut changes daily and we eat different things sometimes what they term as rubbish etc.. antibiotics wreck our good bacteria etc etc ..

Inside our digestive tract we have somewhere around 100 trillion bacteria happily living in us.  We’re like a giant high-rise building, and the bacteria are our tenants.  About 7 lbs of “you” is really bacteria that live in your intestines, from your mouth to the other end.

so good pro biotics ' good bacteria ' are quite beneficial...

jay xx

• Posted

Thanks jay yes I'm taking acidopholiys for the guts and femidopholis for vaginal health but did not know if you had to give it a break at any time. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

arr your taking the femidophilus for vaginal health care 

and acidophilus for gut i think these are..

well I havent heard or read that they cannot be taken continually, long term, never.. I think if you couldnt it would state it on the jar dosage..

it if says daily and doesnt mention stop for a while etc then it should be fine

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks jay always nice to get someone else's opinion . Seem to lurch from one symptom to another but then we would all know about that!! Such a wonderful period in our lives I'd rather go back to puberty much easier. 
    • Posted

Hi Liz 

puberty ... Blimey that seems yonks ago..😃

oh if we knew then what we know now ay.... 

I started using probiotics and they are fab ... I get the meno digestive disturbance ... One minute cant go next day have to run like a good one ..

anyway... The probiotics have eased all the digestive issues..

they are so good..  

It gets better Liz... Had 9-10 years of this natural route I am 50 now..

feeling alot better now .. Just need B12 jabs for energy boost every 10 days it seems ...... then I am okay again.. Plus all the others i take ..

i rattle in the mornings 😃

take care Jay xx

• Posted

Hoping it gets better I've had 10 years of it so far and it seems to get worse if I'm honest. But much prefer the natural way it's less harmful on your body. I too rattle vitamin c cranberry vitamin e probiotics coconut almost like a buffet snack!!! 

• Posted

Hi Liz

we pretty similar then.. 9-10 years for me.. natural peri.. I am 50 now

havent had period for a year.. ( will be a year on 2 Sept) I had a Gyno check on monday, and the Gyno Doctor guy was amazing...  he showed me my ovaries etc via 3D ultra sound ... said they were menopause reached.. 

non functioning... no follicles .... it was so interesting, he measured them and uterine wall thickness ... explained all of it .. checked breasts via 3D imaging.

smears, colposcope to check internal vaginal wall and cells on cervix,  the lot... never felt any discomfort, none, he was the nicest most professional Gyno ever, spent 1.5 hours with me doing all the ultra sounds, checks and talked through everything, my well being, menopause, how I am coping ... even have photos of it all... i was blown away by the technology.. came out speechless, hapoy and amazed.. just shows Gyno best choice as GP's havent a clue in my experience.. give up on GP's hence having this thorough well woman check with a Gynaecologist.. 

I live in Southern Spain...  

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi jay lucky you living in Southern Spain do you speak Spanish? Your gyno sounds fab I didn't know they did all that!! The one I saw was horrible clinical and cold. I have found out I have short tight muscles in the vagina wall which need to be released more joy to be experienced. Apparently you have to relax your internal bits very very hard but pain is in the mind and it comes out in the weakest bit. Well I know where mine is adios señora? 
    • Posted

Hi Liz 

Hablo un poco de español 😃 lo que necesita saber lo básico

yes this Gyno was Spanish .. and amazing.. 

ooooh thats sounds ooch... not heard of that one before .. poor you ..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hola señora 

Como estas  ?

It's a form of wait for it vulvadinya unexplained pain !!! I won't get incontinence because my muscles are good but they are too tight which causes muscle spasm . Could be caused from hysterectomy scars and shrinking bits due to menopause and loads of stress doesent help.

Adios 

• Posted

Hi Liz 

muy bien gracias.... casi 😕

good lord.. you have been through it too...

my Gyno told me mine was dry 😃 and thinning... ' oh Joy' looked at it with a colposcope...  

lashings of Replens MD vag moisturiser for me .. trying them all..

just ordered some Premeno Duo ( non hormonal ) ovules to try, off amazon uk... keep hearing about them ... so will try...

spain do a brand range called Isdin .. for vaginal moisturiser internal, labial etc, thats pretty good too.. I am trying to see what i think is best for me..

blimey havent men got it made ... 

no stress not good, but it happens doesnt it .. 😦

Jay xx

• Posted

Hola jay stress is not good and it's a funny thing sometimes when you are most stressed you don't feel stressed . Tried replens it's ok then yes that's also ok using vitamin e vaginal suppositories they are good also on amazon. I think I've spent more money on amazon than anywhere else . Men don't know what pain and discomfort is..... Girls they get the lot. Hope you are warmer in Spain than over here it's cold and it's August !!!! Buenas noches 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

i am trying them all 😀 Replens okay, but its the white residue yak..

my other half in UK at mo ... he said its cold..

36 here most days in August ... August very hot, every one on go slow..

cant remember when i saw rain... lovely...

it was hotter two weeks ago, blimey... abit better now..

have to look at the vit e ones now 😃

take care Liz 

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.