Good day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope everyone has had a good day. I had a relatively 'good' day. I felt in control and quite pleased with the way I looked. Had a few anxious moments but I survived them and managed to get out and about this morning.

Take care everyone.

x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi sugardrops

That's spooky. I've just replied to your other post and wondered how you were doing and here you've answered that.

I had a relatively good day too. I'm sure fresh air and sunshine help too. Hope you had some of that today. smile

• Posted

Hi you guys.Im having a bad day trying to logged into this site.I m getting more and more frustrated.I will get there in the end.Its good to hear you are both having a good day and that things are looking up at the mo.You are right about the sunshine.I really think it helps to get out and about.I find that if I have a bad down day and sit around all day I feel alot worse.I am thinking of going to the docs tomorrow to talk about flu with a few to maybe upping the dose or changing all together.I do not have alot of good days and I find that the anxiety and health fears are not really subsiding.do you all still get these feelings even when you think you are on the mend??It will be good to hear your views.Take care.xx
  • Posted

Hi JJJ73

How long have you been on flu for? Is it on 20mg or higher?

I was on 20mg for 9 weeks and have been on 40mg for 5 weeks now. 40 is working for me i think. Still have anxiety yes.

The flu doesn't let me have down days. Hard to explain as everything with flu is. Did have a scare last week - thought i might have another kidney stone but seems, according to a fellow sufferer, that this was just another side effect.

Paranoia is something i'm sure i didn't suffer with before but what i was like is a distant memory now.

I will return to my former self one day but i know it will be a long road and have accepted that now, well on my good days anyway. :lol:

Speak soon. x

• Posted

HI MEGANPOOCH.I AM ON 20MG AT THE MO ALTHOUGH I DID TRY TAKING 40 FOR A WHILE.I HAVE NOT BEEN BACK TO DR YET,I UPPED THE DOSE MYSELF AS I GUESSED SHE WOULD.IT DID NOT REALLY HELP THOUGH.I WAS ON FLU FOR 4YEARS BEFORE AND SEEMED TO COPE REALLY WELL WITH MOST THINGS.THE SIDE EFFECTS WERE NOT TOO BAD.THIS TIME ROUND IS DIFFERENT THOUGH.I COMPLETELY GET WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING WHEN YOU SAY YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS YOU AND WHAT IS FLU.I ACTUALLY THINK MY ANIXETY GETS WORSE SOMEDAYS NOW I AM TAKING FLU AGAIN.THE ONLY THING I KNOW I CAN GAURANTEE IS THAT I AM NOT STRESSED AT ALL...NOTHING GETS TO ME NOW.I AM ALMOST TOO LAID BACK.MY FEELINGS ARE SO SURPRESSED THAT I ACTUALLY THINK I AM NOW GETTING A BIT FED UP FEELING LIKE THIS.I DO GET DAYS THAOUGH WHEN I AM SO HAPPY...ALMOST TOO HAPY AND I WILL TALK TO ANYONE IN THE STREET...THEY DO NOT HAPPEN THAT OFTEN THANK GOD.SOMETIMES I THINK I AM A BIT MANIC...THEN MY BRAIN GOES INTO OVERDRIVE AND I START TO THINK I AM WORSE RATHER THAN BETTER.I JUST GET SO CONFUSED SOMEDAYS.I DONT KNOW ME ANYMORE.I TRY THINK BACK TO HOW I USED TO BE WHEN I SEEMED CAREFREE,WHICH I HAVE TO SAY IS A DISTANT MEMORY FOR ME ALSO,AND I DO NOT WANT TO RESIGN MYSELF TO THE FACT THAT I MAY NEVER BE LIKE THAT AGAIN.SOME DAYS I GET MYSELF ON A RIGHT DOWNER JUST THINKING I MAY NEVER GET THROUGH THIS.I THINK I READ SOMEONE ON HERE SAYING THAT THEY CAN DISH OUT GOOD ADVICE BUT FIND IT HARD TAKING IT IN THEMSELVES...THAT IS SOOO ME.I WILL STOP RAMBLING NOW.NICE TO OFFLOAD MY WORRIED TO YOU.THANK FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THEM GUYS.TAKE CARE.XXXX
  • Posted

Hi jjj73

I totally understand about the health scares. I'm not as bad now but even when i had indigestion i thought it was a heart problem, saying i'm not as bad now is wrong, i felt like that yesterday. Because i get alot of palpitations any pain in the chest and i think its more. I didn't used to be like this and hopefully i won't be once off flu.

Just feel like a paranoid idiot sometimes!

Hope you're okay

SamB

• Posted

HI SAMB.GLAD IM NOT ALONE ON THE HEALTH SCARE ONE.WHEN I AM ON A REALLY BAD DAY I GET SO IRRATIONAL I FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MY HEAD STRAIGHT.MY FAMILY ARE LOVELY BUT THEY REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THIS A REAL PHOBIA IF YOU LIKE.THEY SAY I SHOULD NOT THINK THE WAY I DO AND THAT I SHOULD STOP FINDING THINGS WRONG WITH ME.I SOMETIMES FEEL THEY THINK IM A HYPOCHONDRIAC..AND I AM SOOOO NOT.I REALLY GET SCARED THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME OR THE KIDS.GOD I HATE BEING ME.I THINK I AM GETTING A BIT ANXIOUS AT THE MO AND PROBABLY SHOULD GO BACK TO SEE GP SOON.IF I WASNT ME I WOULD THINK I WAS MAD...DOES THAT MAKE SENSE??IM RAMBLING AGAIN.THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND TAKING TIME TO READ MY OFFLOADS.BLESS YOU.TAKE CARE.XXX
  • Posted

Hi jjj73

You really do sound like me. If the kids are ill i go into a panic. As far as i'm concerned whatever they have is serious. Since loosing my dad 3 years ago, he had a bad heart but it was a stomach bug that got him, i think everyone is going to die if they get ill. Very irrational but i just can't turn my brain off as much as i'd like to. Before i was actually diagnosed with anxiety and put on flu i visited A&E twise with really bad palpitations, really thought i was going to die, a counsellor explained to me that you get them with anxiety and that i've been checked and there is nothing wrong, true, i try to remind myself of this everytime i panic something is wrong with me. Look who's rambling now. Seriously though i like reading your ramblings!!! :lol:

Hope you've had a good day

Take care

SamB

• Posted

:D Thank you for your comments.My goodness,we could be twins.I am so glad I am not alone with these irrational thoughts.Sometimes I just cant put anything ino perspective. I can pinpoint the start of my troubles.My first son was born whilst my Grandma was ill.I loved my Grandparents so much and felt a huge sense of responsibility to look after them.Anyhow cutting a long,long story as short as I can.My Grandma was ill for 2 years and I and the family nursed her until she died.I had a small baby whom I was breast feeding,trying to cope with being a new mum and things seem to start getting on top of me.My Grandad never really came to terms to losing my Grandma and I felt so sorry for him so I looked out for him for 8 years after my Grandma passed...Inbetween that I fited in 2 more sons...Goodness knows how that happened,various health scares...some quite serious with 2 of my sons and it all took its toll on me as I just soldiered on.I went on Flu 4 years before my Grandad died.I doted on him.He wasmy bedt mate.I loved him so much.I found him dead 1 afternoon.I think because I ws on the Flu is dulled the grieving to an extent and when I finally came off them around a year ago all these feelings of grief.anxiety,sadness,anger and every other neg feeling came flooding back with a vengeance.I am slowly feeling better but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with my irrational feelings.I am so alone and scared somedays.Dont get me wrong,I am not always like this and I really try not to be negative all the time as I think people get fed up with me.I find it very hard being the funny,lighthearted,carefree person that I mostly pretend to be.Thats what I LOVE about this site.You listen,you care and you understand.Thank you so much.xx
  • Posted

:oops: I must read my posting before I send it.What I MEANT to say was that my Grandad was my BEST mate.Still it probably put a smile on your faces and I know my Gramps would have laughed. :oops:
  • Posted

Hi Pinky73

I'll send you a private message.

Sam xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.