good day all,just got my lab results,what do they mean?

Posted , 4 users are following.

prgesterone= 13.8

oestradiol E2= 470.74

fsh= 0.10

lh=0.01

prolactin=28.92

thank you in advance, i have been ttc for 2yrs now and am just trying to understand all the above,specially the FSH,LH and prolactin levels.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yamasa..

I think I may have a over active thyroid.. Can i ask what you have? I'm just asking people what symtoms they have to see if I have the same

Jess x

• Posted

Your TSH indicates hyperthyroidism but when you post labs, you need to post the ranges for normal beside them as labs differ in this.
    • Posted

Hi Linda,

Do you have much knowledge on Over active thyroids etc..?

Jess 

• Posted

Yes I do.   Your doctor should be checking TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 to start with.  Depending on those results, if they are abnormal, then he/she needs to do further tests to determine the cause of your hyperthyroidism.  The FSH and LH tests are often done to determine if you are menopausal.  I had an elevated Prolactin result until I became menopausal and then it normalized.
    • Posted

Im a 18 year old female, Im Jessica btw smile 

Im at the doctors on Thursday for a blood test as I think I have a over active thyroid. My mam has a thyroad problem and my Gran (my mams mam) some days I get very irritated by someone/something or anger. I go very hyper VERY then all of a sudden id be quiet and tired. I could have a really bad day and cry over nothing at all and when someone asks whats wrong I literally have no answer. I get very sweaty (digusting i know) especially on the palms of my hands. Somtimes it looks like i have lost alot of weight (flat stomach) and another day i would have a bloated stomach. Are these symptoms are is it just me being paranoid?

Thankssss!

Jessica x

• Posted

Hi jessie,

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) last year in April. Here's a list of my symptoms:

Rapid and unstable heart palpitations

Hair loss

Tremors

Weight loss from 140 to 108#'s at 5'6"

Fatigue

Mental issues like forgetfulness and not being able to make good decisions.

Irritability

Depression

• Posted

Hi sandi,

I get really bad mood swings, I get irritated, angry, feeling sad etc.. 

I am very forgetful to the point someone could be saying something I have to write down and I have to ask them to say it again and break it down.

I have noticed my hair is thinning out at the bottom too.. Also feeling tired and my palms get very sweaty when nervous or scared etc

Does getting a blood test hurt as i am terrified of needle not so much pain but needles? Is there also a risk of infertility, I know i am young but just thinking of my future..

I know I have a lot of questions haha! sorry!!

• Posted

Never be sorry, hon. It's very scarey. You need to be treated. Or speak to your doctor about having RAI (radioactive iodine). Change your diet, EAT healthy, get lots of rest, exercise, stay positive, and pray. My hair started thinning at the bottom, I had to cut it short and now it's thinning on top. I bought hair extensions, but they're only good for filling in the bottom. I'm sorry I couldn't get to this sooner. It wouldn't open.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.