Good days and bad days.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anybody find they can have a good day with minimum symptoms and out of the blue have a bad day where everything is on quite a high scale?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

omg ive been ok than it comes back gone a week being ok so cancelled the doctors!! than bang it comes back!! i think its food related something triggers it!! i was ok all day went bed woke t 1am!! ive been taking  a piriton tab!! a gulp of gavisdon its s**te isnt it!!
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Tracey. Disappointing it went then came back. I'm trying to watch foods.That's what I don't understand how it's so variable! Hopefully sometime it will go and not come back for you. X

• Posted

Yes it's normal. Perhaps think back after feeling good or bad to see if there are triggers that form a pattern.

• Posted

Thankyou. I'm keeping a diary and cutting out acidic food and drink. Think over exertion might contribute. Today I'm having a very restful day so will be interesesting to see how that goes. Trying to stay calm too. Thankyou.💕

• Posted

Thanks Sheila. I'm working at trying to figure out the triggers. Over doing it seems to bring mine on, also seems worse at 7 o'clock every night. Take care.

• Posted

OMG, mine seems to come on/get worse in the evening time too, that's so strange. Have you any idea why?

• Posted

Hi, no idea. Could be after a meal or the fact that I am tired in the evening.Can't figure it out.

• Posted

I have noticed mine can come on in the evening as well. Perfectly relaxed watching TV.  Perhaps after coffee?  i have read that swallowing makes it worse so i try to avoid that by biting my knuckle or opening my mouth. Hard not to swallow thou' when you feel the urge!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. It annoys me but I am so glad it's not painful. Like trying to solve a puzzle though 😵 I find chewing gum help s. Hope you have a good week.

• Posted

All the time.  Been like that forever.  It can even be where I have a bad morning ( mornings are the worst time for me. ) then have a decent afternoon.  The cycle begins again the next day.  I have learned that some of us are highly sensitized to many things...certain foods, medicines, stress and even the wind ... yes even that ...many people get a physical symptom and just go on ignoring it until it disappears....but some like myself feel every sensation intensely which brings on over concerned feelings.  Take it from there. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Quite a mysterious illness and hard to fathom. Yes I'm trying to figure out triggers but it is not easy. Take care. X

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I start off good in the morning and then have it mild all day and then in the evening if gets bad. I am on antacids tablets but they haven't taken it away but think they are helping a bit as it is not as unbearable as it was at the beginning. Strange !!!

• Posted

My globus sensation never leaves me. I may have a better day here and there, but for 99.9% of the time it's unbearable. I can not take it anymore!!! It'll be two years in July and I'm not the person I used to be anymore. This has affected my quality of life immensely. I never even knew it existed until I got it. Only someone that has this problem can grasp what it's like. Yes, it may not be a life threatening  condition, but it can be quite debilitating.

, but it can really be debilitating.

• Posted

I'm so sorry Simba. I can understand how you feel. I had never heard of it until I got it. I had one really bad day and thought it was unbearable. I don't think anyone can really understand it unless they have it.

I wish I could say something to help you but hope knowing others care helps.Thinking about you x

• Posted

Gosh I empathise with you.  It's awful.  I had never heard of it before I got it either.  I get horrible phlegm in my throat which I can't clear too.  Consultant says I need to keep throat hydrated which I'm trying to do but nit making much difference! 

Please someone find a cure!

• Posted

Thanks Chele, its some condition isn't it? When mine flares up I get loads of phlem and have to keep swallowing constantly. Good to have this forum to speak to others with the same.

• Posted

I have that as well due to my allergies. I Jason have a constant tickle in my throat that makes things worse. I drink water, tea with honey all day long, but that doesn’t help much. 
    • Posted

I do understand.  My globus  appeared suddenly and drove me crazy for 5 years non-stop. Then one day I got up and it was gone.  Very bizarre.  I still get the golf ball stuck in the throat  feeling every now and then but try to use positive self talk.  It’s ok it’s just a feeling. It will go away.  I found that if I concentrated on it it got worse.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.