Good days are good, bad days are soooo bad

Posted , 6 users are following.

I developed very bad depression due to chronic migrianes.  So bad I tried to kill myself.  Ive gotten better and my good days are good.  But anything can take a good day to a nightmare and quickly slip into a life is over, I wanta die again.  Like twice in the last month.  IDK what todo.  Yes I see people.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris I myself suffer with a little depression too due to chronic migraines too 😢 so I know how you feel,with everyday life and hardly any help I suffer everyday and try not to with having children,but we just have to plod on don’t we 😢 I really hope u are ok 👍 what do u take for ur migraines - Jenny x

• Posted

Mexilitene, tizadiane, linsinopril, effexor....

Those are putting my migraines in a better place

• Posted

Besides Imitrix, which my insurance company limits to 9 a month, I take nortryptaline which I was prescribed for neuralgia/migrane but also helped me with depression

I take Chelated Magnesium which is a lot easier on the stomach. Start out with a low dose and work your way up. 

• Posted

Hi Chris

You hang in there, Please tell your Doc about the depression as its not only the down side of migraine but the meds could have a negative result, the lack of sleep and other factors. I suffer 24/7 not only with Migraine but three other types of headache the worse being Occipital Neuralgia, I have no drugs to stop the pain. You cry , you feel depressed, you know when there is a change in the weather as the Pain varies. Tomorrow I am seeing another Neurologist. Please stay strong and if the pain becomes to bad or the situation call 111 who can help. 

Best wishes 

Chris

• Posted

I'm so sorry. I get daily headaches, sometimes they are migraines but fortunately not chronic. Have you tried adding magnesium to your diet? I don't have any other advice for you just sympathy. 

• Posted

Chris,

i suggest 4 things. I’ve had frequent migraines for 30years. 

Frovatriptan. It’s long acting working 8 hours. It doesn’t cause rebound but it’s expensive so I order it from Planet Drugs Direct on the internet. It’s a wonderful product. 

2. Make sure you’re taking 400 mg magnesium citrate a day. I take it in divided doses because it is an ingredient of many laxatives and I don’t want that problem. 

3. In the US a new preventative is on the market for migraines. It’s called Aimovig. You can google it and find their number and try to get it. Not sure when it’s getting to other countries. It’s made by Amgen. 

4. Sumatriptan injection always works for me but also makes me quite tired. 

Good luck. 

Gaye

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I have been a suffer for 45 years progressively go worse. I am awaiting a transplantation of a remote controlled device to disrupt nerve patterns however Iv waited along time. Docs were taking me in to hospital for two weeks to take away drugs and introduce others however that never happened and I with drew myself with no positive effect. Tomorrow I am seeing a new Neuro clinic which i have been waiting for over 8 months so I will let you know the outcome. The pain every day is such where A and E admission is going to be required or a Gun to the head , the latter we don't have in the UK , but gives non sufferers an idea of how one can suffer when having bouts of four conditions bring Neuralgia. 

Taking the subject back to your depressive episodes. Seek medical help. We as a group know what you are going through and there are are meds and support to help you , however we are all here should you need to chat so please never feel that your alone as anytime we can give you support. It is normal to be tearful and feel low and drained when suffering head pain .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.