Good gastrocopy experience

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just wanted to let anyone know who is getting a gastrocopy that it is a simple procedure and not to worry. when i found out i needed one done i drove myself crazy thinking about it for weeks. going on YouTube and reading comments was the worst thing to do. i opted for sedation which ive never had before so i was anxious of course. honestly they make you feel comfortable Before you go in and once they sedate you, you dont feel a thing. you just wake up like normal thinking wow that was fast. honestly i stressed for nothing. please dont be afraid. it really is that easy. youlll be mad that you stressed about it for so long. just wanted to help anyone out there that felt as scared as i was. it really is nothing. and your out of the hospital pretty quick too. and feel normal. good luck and dont stresss!!! trust me.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Glad your experience was so positive.

I made the other decision and stayed awake because it's being put out that scares me but I, too, found staff very calm and reassuring and. Not something anyone will look forward but if sharing experience can help then that's good.

• Posted

I was terrified to get sedated, as ive never been sedated or put sleep before. but im glad i did because honestly it was so easy and i felt nothing and literally woke up 10 mins later. I would do it again if i had too. and trust me i had anxiety for weeks about it. it really is nothing.

• Posted

In my head I know you are right. My soul still recoils.

I did have to be sedated when I had my hip replaced, only relatively lightly as had epidural anaesthetic which I'd highly recommend. The anaesthetist very cleverly tricked me. " Just hold this for me" ( a mask ) and next I knew it was all done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.