Good morning I have two questions today

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am still not getting anywhere with this pain behind my ear and down my neck. yes i have been to the doctor who was good and sent me for a US scan as she found a slight swelling in my neck.

the result was a nodule on my thyroid.

that was what they found she said they were not worried so leave it at that.

my next question is i am having weird feelings again in my eyes, last night my right eye eas twitching, and it felt like i was being stabbed in the eye ,

is it me just worrying or should i go back and tell my doctor, as i am getting fed up now.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

None of that is what I'd call typical of GCA but you never know. Have you seen an opthalmologist? An optician who can do all the exams, not just dispense specs.

• Posted

Thank you Eileen , i am due a eye exam soon, one that does a full scan of the eyes.

before then if i have more problems will see my doctor

hope you and the OH are both keeping well.

• Posted

Margaret,

since I have very dry eyes, I visit my ophthalmologist every six months; we are trying several therapies. He understands my concerns about pmr/gca. That said I have experienced an occasional stab feeling in one eye or the other. This is transient. I also get blurred vision from the dryness. My rheumy told me that transient symptoms are not the worry; only persistent ones. At the start of my PmR trip I was running to the doctor every two weeks with these transient episodes- 3 years ago.

• Posted

Just a possibility, but could it be anxiety? I had similar symptoms just before my back surgery a couple of years ago - I was so stresses out.

• Posted

No, the doctor and i have spoken about anxiety regarding the nodules etc, and seems to think it is steroids, i cannot move neck at all today.

• Posted

For quite some time (Years not weeks) OH was complaining occasionally of sharp pain in neck going up behind his ear; he put it down to sleeping position - particularly when sleeping in car at a weekend steam rally.

Eventually developed the classic GCA signs & symptoms.

So get you complaining persistently to the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.