Good morning. I'm new to this group.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Several years ago, I woke up to terrible pain in the right side of my face. I remember thinking, oh no what's happening? I began to pray.

I thought am I having a heart attack? It slowly went away.. Laid back down and went to sleep. Well that same scenario has happened a few times since. Never lasted to long, just enough to freak me out.

Well this morning, immediately after taking a sip of coffee it happened again but times a million.

I thought, omg this is it, I'm having a heart attack. I actually chewed up 2 aspirins. It's always on my right side. This time it was next to my ear all the way down my jaw, into my throat. This episode lasted several minutes, close to 7 or 8 minutes. Since passing I still feel pressure or fullness in my face. Like I've blown up balloons. We almost left for the er.Of course I began to research and it led me to TN.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Jerrie

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Thats how i started with this pain i would recommend you seeing a neurologist so they can do an MRI that will identify if something is pressuring that trigeminal nerve . I unfortunately have nothing pressuring my trigeminal nerve on the left side on the bottom of my mouth by my jaw and lip and tongue is where i feel the horrifying electrical shocking pain, so they can see what they can do for you usually they treat you with medication called Carbamazepine.Hope you do go see someone So u don't suffer like i have for over 3 years now off and on .

• Posted

Thank you Guadalupe for your response. Do you feel like you've blown up balloons after? That's what I'm feeling now. I'm afraid to eat or drink anything. It's really very scary.

• Posted

Yeah at times numb and can't eat or drink water i have a flare for like 2months this time hurts to wash my teeth ,to talk all i get treated with is the Carbamazepine i lost over 20lbs but i take a deep breath and drink milk and swallow rice at least . I have 3 kids and try to be strong for them but this hurts worse than labor That's how i describe it .

• Posted

Yes I agree pain is awful. I have fibromyalgia, cfs, ra, peripheral neuropathy. I've been able to manage those symptoms for the past couple of years. I don't know if I could handle the pain I experienced this morning as a everyday occurrence.

Prayers for you and thanks for your response.

• Posted

Thank you prayers for you as well and i hope you get well .
  • Posted

I am so sorry this is happening to you. When I first started having pain I thought I had a brain tumor or something....your mind almost goes to the worst place sometimes.  I would def see a neurologist right away and get a MRI with small splices to see if there is compression on the trigeminal nerve, as guadalupe recommended. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing the pain and help either through surgery or medication.  Best wishes. We feel your pain (literally)!! 
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. We have moved to NE Texas and all my doctors are still in the Galveston area. I've been traveling back and forth (6hr drive). I've asked several folks around here about doctors in this area and everyone asked who are your doctor's now? I said they are all with UTMB, University of Texas Medical Center. They all said keep them if you can.

I'm going to heade y'alls advice and call my pcp and make an appt.

I've been so afraid to eat or drink anything since that episode the other morning.

Thanks again Sara.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.