Good news!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just thought I would update you all after my visit to the consultant.  I am nearly 10 weeks post op after sacrospinous  fixation for vault prolapse.   For several weeks I have been stressing that  the surgery had not worked as things didn't  feel right.  Well after all that worry everything  is OK.!!  My consultant said it was all normal and is not obviously going to feel the same as before.  So I hope you ladies that are worrying  like I was this gives you a bit of comfort.  He said just to take things easy for a few more weeks and no lifting more than 12lbs EVER!! Don't know how easy that  will be but will have to try. 

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for telling us your good news. Those of us with upcoming surgery are always pleased to hear positive stories.

Hope you continue to do well. X 

• Posted

Brilliant news!! So pleased for you. I too was worried that my op had failed but I think it does take a while to really settle down. Again, great news for you..... And no heavy lifting remember x
  • Posted

Delighted to hear all is well, especially as I'm due to have same operation next Thursday ( assuming not cancelled due to bed shortage!) It's so comforting to be reminded that initial worries don't mean an op has failed.

Did you have abdominal surgery as I'm having? I think it makes recovery longer. I'm crossing fingers that I'll be well enough to fly to England ( from N. Ireland ) with my husband to spend Christmas with our son and partner. Perhaps too optimistic, but thanks to you I'll not panic if I'm not recovered enough!

Agree it's going to be hard to remember weight lifting limits. Best of luck for continued progress. X

• Posted

Hi, my surgery was done vaginally.  My recovery was very good apart from the initial buttock pain.  My consultant said no flying for about 8/10weeks after surgery. You should be ok for Christmas I would think. Hope all goes well for you and a quick recovery. 
  • Posted

Hi Sandie56 glad to hear that all is ok with you what a relief. I have my follow up appt beginning of November, and soooooo hoping all is well. I have been told lifetime ban on lifting more than 5lbs, I am 69 and in the UK. Glad for you that a is ok

May x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.