Good news

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I went for an endoscopy after 6 months of worry. The good news is that everything was fine. I'm hoping that this comfort may help me on my road to recovery. I now believe this sensation has to be down to anxiety. Ive also had the camera at the back of my nose too and nothing found there either. Any advise on how to get rid of this awful condition now I it's nothing more sinister?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I’ve been living with Globus for two years now. I’m 19 years old, and feel like it controls my life sometimes. It tends to flare up the most in times of high stress. I have found that chewing or sucking on something helps whenever the sensation hits helps the most. Also, just trying to breathe through the episodes helps too. Personally, I have to try to slow my heart rate down.  Every once in a while, I’ll take L-Theanine tablets, which sometimes seems to help. It’s mostly about keeping your mind off of it! Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Have your Doctor check your Vitamin D3 Levels, for me it made a huge difference, 90% better since 9 months ago.
  • Posted

Good to hear but it’s a case of keeping a food diary and a daily life diary to see if anything triggers it as I’m sure like many you have good and bad days 
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice, I find that the only rest bite I get is eating, drinking and sleeping altbough sucking sweets or chewong gun does help. It most definitely gets worse when Im stresed though. What are L-Theanine tablets ?
    • Posted

It is an amino acid that occurs naturally in green tea. There is evidence that it can reduce anxiety and put you in a “tranquil” state by increasing dopamine levels. I like them because they help me relax a little, and aren’t addictive like many drugs used to treat anxiety. You can buy them at any vitamin store. 
  • Posted

That makes sense I was recommended to try magnesium tablets as these are a muscle relaxant but they didnt work for me
    • Posted

I have not tried that, but will definitely look into it. Please keep us updated on your journey through this. One day, I hope we can all be rid of it. 
  • Posted

Definitely keep you updated really want to be rid of this condition. Its surprising how many people have never heard of it yet it effects so many people !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.