good news & bad news

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

well the good news is after 20 years of riding 125's ive passed my big bike test on thursday,,,,,,the bad news is im really suffering for it,,,,,,had to concentrate for 3 days none stop and found it really intense but now all i want to do is sleep,,,, carnt concentrate for long, tired and aching all over,,,,,,,,,,,,you might ask "WHY" do it,,,,,,,,well in 7 years ive accomplished nothing, lost all i had worked for and my life was empty,,,,i felt it was worth it just so i can say ive done something with my life living with M.E,,,,,,,im sure in time ill actually be able to start enjoying it

spk to yea all sooon

Jay

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jay

That is really fantastic - well done!! :D :D :D Even though you are now so tired at least when you wake up up you can think "Yes, I did it!!"

Pity, I'm not nearer - I could have had a ride on the back!8) 8)

Take care

Katie xx

• Posted

hi Katie

Thanks for your message Katie, you never know i might be passing you one day smile,,,, i got inspired by Ewan & Charlies "Long way round" DVD, would love to travel round europe and see how other people live and cope with there illness's, so now ive got something to work towards,,,,,,,, fingers crossed i might get there one day

Take care & spk soon

Jay xox

• Posted

Hey wait for me!!!!!

I am scared of motorbikes so I will meet you by bus! ha ha ha ha ha :lol:

I am really suited for you. It's a good feeling eh?

My goal is to learn to tow my daughters pony to the shows with a trailer. My hubbie is going to do most of the driving but being very independant I would like to do some too! We are currently looking for a four wheel drive and went to the dealership and "oh my god" I was talking so much poo by the time I had finished conversing with the salesman. I barely spoke all the way home! :? THEN TO MAKE MATTERS WORST when I got home I found out from the DVLA I have to take a test with the trailer. Had a few palpertations and took myself off to bed. But what a tiring experience that left me a bed for 2 days! We havent got the new car yet I can barely fetch myself to go back!

Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book Wolfe and get a motorbike after all.

Donna x

P.S Maybe me n Katie can go in one of those side cars and we can be the ME..anest bikers in town. :wink:

• Posted

Hi Donna, Hi Jay

Sounds a good idea to me Donna - we'll work on that! But do you think, with our recent weight gain, that we will both fit in a sidecar!!

You don't know what you've started now Jay!!

Take care both of you

Katie xxsmile smile smile smile smile

• Posted

Hi Donna & Katie

I Do think its a good idea to have goals in your life otherwise you have nothing to go for, it is nerve raking doin the test and does take alot more effort than normal, but the reward if defiantly worth it so if you can stick with it, i do hope you go for it and my fingers will be crossed for you,,,,,,good luck smilesmilesmile

my big problem was nerves, but my trainer told me the minute i got on the bike prior to the test to pretend i had just failed, it worked cause i though oh well ill just go for a ride and i felt alot more relaxed

Well i guess ill be the first to design a sidecar where ill be able to carry 2 passengers, have never seen it done, so both of you look what you've started lollol

Take care both of you

Jay xox :lol:

• Posted

ha ha ha ha

Just a thought maybe I could sit on Katies knee I am sure she wont mind :?

Funnily enough I saw one of those side cars on the way to work yesterday and it fetched a smile to my face...It even had go faster red stripes on it! :lol:

Me n Katie want a pink design, about 20ft by 20ft, directions how to get in, when to get out, how to position ourselves pain free and finally an invitation to your opening event!

Just a bit of good news me n my hubbie went back to the garage and bought a 4x4. We pick it up soon :D :D :D :D :D

Not sure if I will have the energy to drive it home but thats one less thing out of the way. Horse trailer next ................ sad

I know Kate is down in Kent but where are you Jay (?Jason)

Donna x

• Posted

Hi Donna, Hi Jaysmile smile

Yeah, a pink sidecar would suit me just fine - with just a few extras, superb suspension, air-conditioning, coffee-making machine and, oh yes, a wine cooler! Poor Jay, I bet you wished you hadn't mentioned your bike - you've now landed yourself with a couple groupies! Wouldn't it be fun though if we could all whizz around the country throwing out leaflets on the way, trying to educate the public about ME. 8) 8) . I don't think we would get very far though - we'd be rounded up and locked away!

We can dream though!

Love to you both

Katie xx

• Posted

Hi Katie & Donna

What a great idea,,,,,,,,,,but i got a better one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how about i change it from a sidecar to a trailer and tie a looooooooooong lengh of rope to it,,,,,,,,,,that way i wont hear you both screeeeeeaming when im speeding down the motorway,,,,,,,,and forget about the winebar and aircon,,,,,,,,,,all youll need are a couple of sick bags smilesmilesmile

hope youll both be pleased with these changes,,,,,,,,,,if not,,,,,,,,,,ill by you a couple bus tickets,,,,,,,hahahaha

Loves yea

Jay smilesmile

• Posted

All I can say about the sick bags is...

"ON YER BIKE!"

Just noticed that you are living in Bournmouth - a bit far for a motorbike ride but hey who knows I can envisage us lot meeting up one day! :bubbly:

Doing well the last couple of days - tired but managing :D

Bye for now

Donna x

• Posted

Just one more thing Katie...

We could be the new Thelma & Louise!

Jay you will have to be our glorifed taxi driver

Ha ha ha ha

:lol:

• Posted

Yup, that sounds good to me - as long as I can be Louise - I don't like the name Thelma!

As for your idea, Jay - well it sucks!! Typical male - has to be in charge! :roll: :roll: :roll: Wait until Donna gets her 4 x 4 - then we will be able to show you a thing or two 8) 8)

Have a lovely weekend both of you!

Katie xx

• Posted

Oh, I'm enjoying reading some of these topics. You have brought a smile to my face. My granddad used to take mum and aunty in the sidecar when they were kids. He was a risk taker but such a safe driver on his bike. One day he was overtaking a big articulated lorry when he saw a vehicle coming towards him. No time to get past so he manoevred the sidecar beneath the chassis of the lorry, between the front and back wheels and held it there. The lorry driver realised what was happening and kept his speed constant to grandad's. Once the oncoming vehicle was past grandad manoevred the sidecar with the girls in it out from under the lorry and sped off. I know it's true cos my mum told me and so did my Nanna.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say was that I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of trying to achieve something regardless. Since I have been unwell I have lost my sense of self, especially since no longer working. One year I decided to learn the treble recorder and took grade 3 exam and passed with distinction. I was ill for 8 weeks afterward from the sheer anxiety of performing in front of the examiner, although they did let me sit down for the tests. But I did it.

The beginning of the year before I gave up work I studied for and sat the exam for my certificate in funeral service. I passed it but it was hard work. Each time I felt I had to achieve something in order to justify my existence. It was good to have a goal but wrong that I had to justify myself. I'm glad I did those things but I have now given up trying to prove myself

Sorry this post's so long, I expect you have nodded off reading it. :roll:

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Glad you've enjoyed reading our posts! It certainly cheered us all up at the time. Annoyingly though, we had some even better posts which were removed by the moderator - probably because they were 'off topic'. We can't spend the whole time talking about our ailments for goodness sake.

I loved your story about your grandad and his sidecar. I'm sure Jay will enjoy it too. smile

I was intrigued by your certificate in funeral service - what exactly does that mean?

Gosh, does that mean that now I've stopped working I've got to start studying something too???Yawn, - think I''m just too ill for that!:wink:

Katie smile

• Posted

Noooooooo!!!! that's what I was trying to say - don't. There's no point in stopping work so you can cope better if you're going to wear yourself out with other stuff like I did.

Katie, I am a trained funeral administrator and arranger and the Certificate in funeral service was the first step to the Funeral Director's Diploma which is what I wanted to be, but it was not to be because of the ME sad My job was to liaise with the families to help them build the funeral they wanted for their loved one and then all aspects of arranging that funeral. It was a privilege to work with the families but the situation became unworkable because of my capacity for poor concentration and memory. As you can imagine, a mistake at the planning stage could have devastating consequences for the family on the day and I wasn't prepared to risk that. sad

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Thanks for explaining that. What a fascinating and rewarding job that must have been. I've often considered that type of work - my background of nursing, housing officer and working with the elderly, involving several bereavement counselling courses may well have stood me in good sted. Without meaning to be morbid, I would also have been interested in the embalming side of business - I would consider it a great priviledge to be involved with the final days of an individual.

It's just so very frustrating that several of us who respond to this forum have had to give up such rewarding and interesting careers. At least we understand how each of us feels. sad

Take care

Katie sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.