Good news for CFS

Posted , 13 users are following.

Dr Davis of Stanford university the direct OMF has launch a new research study of CFS,the initial funding for the study is 5 million dollars,they plan to verify the university of California's research published August 30,the goal is to verify and come up with a diagnostic test for ME and CS

5 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do have a Facebook group" Help support and Promote post viral syndrome awareness" with links to the research and any other information I find

• Posted

Hi Patrickgeoffrey,

I'm one of those old fashioned girls who doesn't "do" facebook so, please keep posting here too!

best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Government and philanthropic donors, we have identified unique markers in CFS patients,” says Professor Marshall-Gradisnik.

“This screening test may be expected to become a laboratory standard to provide more certain, and cost-efficient, diagnosis for CFS. Currently patients may be undergoing a range of tests to diagnose for CFS which incurs a significant cost to the health care system.

• Posted

und-breaking research at Griffith University into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is leading the way for the development of a new screening tool for the condition.

The research team from the National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases (NCNED), Menzies Health Institute Queensland, has identified new markers that can be used to screen patients and is now looking to partner with diagnostic companies to bring a test to market. The screening test is expected to benefit all those with symptoms of the condition.

“Over the last four years, with support from the Queensland Government and philanthropic donors, we have identified unique markers in CFS patients,” says Professor Marshall-Gradisnik.

“This screening test may be expected to become a laboratory standard to provide more certain, and cost-efficient, diagnosis for CFS. Currently patients may be undergoing a range of tests to diagnose for CFS which incurs a significant cost to the health care system.

• Posted

Griffon university in Queensland Australia has developed a screening test for CFS,they have identified biological markers and are looking for a diagnostic lab to partner with,mire ground breaking research for CFS,it makes it a physical disorder,just amazing news
  • Posted

I appreciate all the recent references/links!  I've decided to dig in..."knowledge is power." 

Thanks!

• Posted

You are welcome,it is so easy to research on the Internet,my problems started 41 years ago when I was 17,the dark ages before the internet,actually 14 years before the term CFS was invented

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.